SVC.com Spring Clearance Part 2!

Angry_Games

i see that now. how ignorant of me to not see that earlier! i apologize for my stupidity :( . you are completely correct, spyvie. thanks.

if i had read the instructional paper that came with the coolers, i may have seen that :) being a guy, i'm not supposed to read those things. being an old man, there are times i refuse to read those things ;)

btw, on the asus premium mobo, my temps went down 2 degrees C. i'm idling at 29 now and was 31 to32 when using the thermalright on that board. the dfi system is exactly like the asus system but with the ultra-d board instead. i assume the temps will go down in that case as it did in the asus system.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In step 4 of the Installation instructions it tells you how you can rotate it in any direction....it involves just removing the screw from the lock down lever and then rotating that assembly....

I'm anxious to hear how it this cooler works. I was in the market a few weeks ago and got a decent deal on the Zalman 9500 and went with it. Please post your results in the recommendations forum if you can!

what aftermarket cooler would you guys advise for an Opty 146 on a Ultra-D ... looking to overclock. I'm thinking about the Freezer 64.. but am open to any suggestions

also what are your intakes on the SCYTHE SCNJ-1000P NINJA

angry_games, what's the verdict? :-)

on the Freezer64 Pro?

verdict is still out because it is still sitting in the box

spent most of the night getting this damn Asus 975X board up and running an Intel Pentium D 930 dual-core + X1900XT Crossfire

I did however, while waiting, install the Arctic Silencer Accelero on a 7800GT...and I have to say...it is silent, and the gpu sits at 41C idle

so the verdict on the Accelero is BOOYAH!!!

now...while I am fooling around, I suppose I will remove the XP-90 from the Expert NF4 that I am testing the 7800GT on to make sure i didn't kill the card while installing the Accelero...and install this Freezer64 Pro eh?

give me about...30 minutes or so to post back

well

initial impression...

I hate the mounts (it uses just the standard/stock s754/939 mounting brackets), but it ain't nothing to get all bent about I suppose

I didn't even clean the thermal pad off the bottom of the Freezer64, just cleaned off my Opteron 146 and dropped the Freezer64 on it...and forgot to face it so the fan would blow out towards the back of the case (if it were in a case anyway)

my NF4 Expert that I'm using to test this is one of the rare ones that has a properly calibrated cpu temp sensor lol

at idle...it was doing 35C-38C with an SI-120 (my bad, I thought I had an XP-90 on it)

with the Freezer64 Pro...35C - 38C so no real change

now it is running Prime95 and after about 5 minutes, it is sitting at 43C....45C I just looked over at it...so no problems that I can see...for $15 you couldn't go wrong with this I'm sure

I am going to test it tomorrow with some AS5 instead of the thermal pad on it though!

angry_games, how is your unit holding up? i am noticing only a few degrees decrease in idle temps... my load temps are still the same, at around 50 degrees :-( this is with the fan blowing upwards (towards the 120mm fan at the top of my P180 case). i wiped off the paste that came with it, and am now using AS5.

Guest Kobalt
In step 4 of the Installation instructions it tells you how you can rotate it in any direction....it involves just removing the screw from the lock down lever and then rotating that assembly....

I'm anxious to hear how it this cooler works. I was in the market a few weeks ago and got a decent deal on the Zalman 9500 and went with it. Please post your results in the recommendations forum if you can!

You know, if you face the fan so it is pointed toward the rear of the case, then you have the problem of it hitting the DIMM if you have one in the orange slot, and the DIMM has a slightly higher heatspreader on it. I tried. :( They should have made it about 2mm higher.

Next thing I did was to point it up, so PSU fan takes the heat. This seems to work well.

Oh also, I could of swore I read that the heat pipes on this unit was designed to be run vertical only. If you have it sitting straight up (as in not in a tower case yet) then performance will suffer.

it ran prime at stock speeds while I was testing a 2GB GEIL kit at about 45C (2Ghz Opteron)

I like it cuz it is quiet...and when I put an Accelero on my 7800GT...it makes the test bench really quiet lol

I'm gonna drop it into a case and see how it performs though...nothing like a real test to....test ;)