Help!! My computers half dead!

First post so here goes:

My PC started rebooting at any given moment, this became more regular.

Now the PC wont even boot into Windows, it gets to the Windows XP boot up screen and then resets. I tried last known good configuration, safe mode, VGA mode ETC but does the same thing. Tried a reinstall and it seems to get as far as copying files then locks up. I have even tried installing Linux and that fails at copying files.

I have unplugged my raid config and tried a spare drive on both the silicon image and NF4 SATA chipsets, same result. Have tested with spare memory, same result.

I have reset the bios to optimum defaults, and even flashed to latest bios with no change. Whatever I have tried I cant boot into or reinstall any operating system.

I am left thinking it can only be either the motherboard or CPU, temperature's are running nice and low, only maybe the chipset is a bit higher as I replaced the noisy fan with a zalman heasink which keeps it at a max 44 degrees.

Hopefully my pc specs are in my sig, any suggestions? has my mobo had it?

Good suggestion boatasius.How have you tested your memory?Run memory test in test number 5 then 8 at stock setting and see if your memory error's if you have not done so, but test 5 & 8 are the most important.

Couple of things that make me think...

Some Seasonic S600 do not play well with the expert

Some Corsair memory does not play well with the expert

Experts are finicky when it comes to memory, so the value ram might not be playing well with the board.

I know I resolved one of my issues by changing an S600 for a Powerstream.

Resolved another one by changing TCCD to UTT

I know I am not directly giving any advise, just my experience with the expert.

Thanks for the suggestions, I did run memtest for a while but I think it was just test number 1. Seems a bit wierd if it was the PSU why would it work for a while then decide to misbehave?

I will run mem test's 5 and 8 and check back with the results.

Well I'm clearly under qualified to use this mobo and certainly not an expert.

Anyways not fully understand all these memory timings ETC I have set as much of them as possible to "auto" and to my surprise XP booted up! took a while but I got there.

Got into windows and must have turned my head for a second then off it went again and rebooted all by itself.

I certainly seems to be a memory problem which effects bothe lots of memory I have. Trouble is it has been working ok, just the rare crash/reboot, now its all the time.

Anyone else got corsair cmx1024-3200c2pt on there expert? If so what settings should I be using?

I had the same exact problem as you last week, but my windows got corrupted and I was forced to reinstall, luckily backed up system 3 days before it happened. I tried everything to get mine to work again. ended up putting JUST 1 RAM stick in the slot closest to the edge of the mobo and then I was able to get everything to install just fine. After everything was installed I tested the mem sticks separately and found out that one of my sticks went bad on me. Ended up ordering new RAM that will get here tomorrow, finally. I did everything from overnight CMOS clear, running diag tools on hard drives, to running with only the bare minimum hardware connected. Turns out it was bad RAM. Not to repeat what has been said already but test your RAM, and I suggest do it 1 stick at a time.