My chipset cooler is killing me!

My advise is, buy a 120 Fan and put it where the end of your CD drives currently are (if you got space those drives put them somewhere else instead). This worked well for me, the fan is just a few fingers away from the chipset fan and provides it with fresh air. Unfortunately I currently cant show an image of that but I was able to drop temperatures to 43° at high load.

Actually I got heaps of space and a spare 12cm fan... but how would I install it? In the 5 1/4 bay? Or behind the CDROMS?

PS: does anyone know a shop in Germany/Austria/Switzerland that has the Evercool solution?

If you can consider running the card in the upper slot and loose about 1% performance you should get a Thermalright HR-05, got one myself, chech the signature.

Rest assured, I did search. As mentioned in the OP I found some threads with nice self made heatsinks, those are far beyond my skills though.

Also any normal replacement cooler is destined to fail if you ask me, since my geforce is totally blocking the airflow.

This is the reason why I am asking for ideas to solve it in a different way and I am very thankful for the comments I received. Also finding the replacement heatsinks is not possible in my country as it seems...

So please don't be angry!

CAN WE PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!?!?!?!?!?! we get this flipping question DAILY! so please people use the search function!

If you read his post and look at the pics, you will see that he is not just asking for a replacement for the chipset cooler. It is actually a little more complicated than just recommending the evercool because that may not work at all for him.

Anyway, if you don't like it, just don't read the thread. There's no reason to be rude about it.

You can use the soundblaster Bora, there are 3 PCI slots on your board, right under the PCI-E slots =o)

still don't quite understand what you mean................

Damn, unfortunately my english capabilities are quite limited but I will try my best.

1. (my case is somewhat different since the motherboard is connected to the left wall of the case and not the right)

2. create some space for the fan by putting the CD drives a little lower in a different slot. Keeping two slots free on top should be enough space for a 120 Fan! Have a look at this image of my case http://www.hardwareoc.at/Case/Aerocool_Coolview-010.jpg. You can clearly see that I have many slots to chose from. I just kept the first two on top free for a fan!

3. Connect the fan to the case a seen on the image! It should BLOW air towards the chipset fan and not Suck.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8217/grafik2zn.jpg

Taking this picture as an orientation, the fan should be where the end of the CD Drive currently is! http://www.tekheads.co.uk/images/aerocool/..._chassis_fs.jpg

I tried all sorts of positions and solutions but none realy worked, except that one!

grafik2zn.jpg

Hehe damn 1aschnitzel, you are a real paint artist! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I understood what you mean, but how would I make sure the fan wouldn't fall down etc? I mean there is no proper mount for installing it.

I remember I did a similar construction using pci slot blinds as fixation some years ago... maybe I'll try that.

Ah that was you! :-)

You didnt write your name, so I didn't know - I got surprisingly a lot of feedback by pm on this problem!

thanks a lot to all of you, I'll keep you posted which solution whill be most suitable.

:):):)