Critique My System, Ordering Tommorow

kelenskiovich

CPU- 2500+

MOBO- DFI Nforce2 Ultra 400, NFII ULTRA-AL

Memory- Mushkin Level one PC3500. 1gb (512x2)

Video- Saphire 9800 PRO

Hard drive- WD Raptor, 36.7 GB SATA (I have old HD to hold junk)

Case- Maxtop Black CSX147KBF. You gotta check it out on Newegg, Im sure Ill burn the cheap PS unit out, but its still a great case, 5 fans, thumbless screws, removable mobo tray....

Monitor- NEC/Mitsubishi FE791SB-BK 17" SuperBright Diamondtron CRT

Cooling- not sure which fans come with case, looks like 2, so 3 panaflos should top it off

Thermaltake Silent boost (plan on MILD OCing)

Thermal take ducting MOD

Enermax multifunction panel

Vantec Hard drive cooler

Extras- Logitech DUO wireless keyboard and mousee

Sony 16X DVD ROM

Sony DVD Burner

Sont 3.5 floppy

Logitech Z640 5.1 Speakers

I know yall have better things to do, but anything would be great!

ya the ram will be your bottle neck if u get that

:withstupid: get the lvl 2 youll be glad you did

actually the bottleneck is always the HDD. I love the setup you have there, although may i suggest the revision B of the mobo with CMOS Reloaded? its a rather nice feature and you'll use it often if you oc. Other than that you couldn't have picked a better board :D (am i pluggin DFI...? OF COURSE!)

great choices should be a great system

agree with the mem comments..... get Lvl II instead of one.....

and as for the CPU... get the 2500+ Mobile version... runs lower stock voltage, and is unlocked by that board...

nice board..I am running an AMD 2500+ mobile in my Lan Party...

already higher FSB then I ever had my A7n8X... still testing but I have about a 300mhz overclock on 1.575 vCore!

agree with the mem comments..... get Lvl II instead of one.....

and as for the CPU... get the 2500+ Mobile version... runs lower stock voltage, and is unlocked by that board...

nice board..I am running an AMD 2500+ mobile in my Lan Party...

already higher FSB then I ever had my A7n8X... still testing but I have about a 300mhz overclock on 1.575 vCore!

come on exeter pump 1.8 volts and turn the speed up :P

nice system everything looks great the lvl1 isnt bad ram just everyone is spoiled by ultra low latencys, but if you can swing it get the lvl2 either will oc just fine

and as for the CPU... get the 2500+ Mobile version...  runs lower stock voltage, and is unlocked by that board...

doesn't it have lower cache as well?

-edit-

my god it has 512 cache, its a lil more expensive however (95 @newegg) but thats worth it for the unlocked cpu right? plus wayyyy lower voltage means it runs cooler right? What is the disadvantage of running a mobile proc? Also, why has noone mentioned this before?

nope 512 cache just like the regular Barton... the difference is the FSB ...

stock is 266 v 333 for Barton..but who runs it at that anyway?????

and the multi is unlocked because as I understand it, that is how laptops throttle down to prevent overheating.....

works great in my Lan Party...

and I am an anal overclocker... plus I am not home now! :P

when I get home... I'm going to pump it up...

I just like to make sure it is prime stable at each step of the way...

what I did with my 2400+ is kept notes as to the highest FSB the CPU would run at each voltage step....

if something goes wrong gives me many different starting points...

I also keep notes as to how it benchs out at each step.

I run Sandra Mem, CPU Arith, CPU Multi, PC Mark, 3DMark01, and Aguamark for each step so I have notes for comparison... I keep a little notebook on my desk...

I've always been anal like that! :D

What is the disadvantage of running a mobile proc? Also, why has noone mentioned this before?

yes at stock speeds it runs Much cooler..... and no disadvanatges I have found...

and i believe noone has mentioned it until now because the Bartons pre week 39 were unlocked.....

and it took a while to get the news around.. and someone had to experiment with dropping a mobile CPU in their board.... Not me! (at least until I heard it worked!!)

Edited by exeter_acres