Best 2x512MB and 2x1gb for nf2??

Humm i see.. but the fact that these 512MB and 1GB sticks are DoubleSided will force me to run 2t?

And about the chips, i'm afraid of buying UTT CH-5 chips, since it seems most of they FNAR (my own experience for Mushkin Redline and OCZ VX modules). Even keeping it under 3.5v, activelly cooled, with good, rock solid stable power lines

Is there any UTT CH-5 that won't smoke??

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm i see.. but the fact that these 512MB and 1GB sticks are DoubleSided will force me to run 2t?

Just because they are double sided dose'nt mean that they won't run 1t. I don't know if that's the case with 1GB sticks though.

And about the chips, i'm afraid of buying UTT CH-5 chips, since it seems most of they FNAR (my own experience for Mushkin Redline and OCZ VX modules). Even keeping it under 3.5v, activelly cooled, with good, rock solid stable power lines

I must admit i would be a bit reluctant to now, after my own experience with it. One thing that i can say is OCZ 4800 plats will run 2.5-2-2-2-11 1t @250fsb with no problems at all and with only 2.8vdimm. So they may well be worth a look.

Is there any UTT CH-5 that won't smoke??

I wish i could give you a possitive answer to that, but i can't.

Alright.. got some 2x512MB Corsair XMS 3200XL Rev1.2 (TCCD), that will do 300MHz Cas 2.5 1t under nf4... let's see how it does under nf2! Some weeks ago i got this very same pair to post @ 270 2.5-3-3-3-6 2.8v... but as it wasn't mine yet, there were no time even to check if it would get into windows!

Has any of u guys tried these sticks before?

well..after reading this whole topic..I could not discover wich are the best 2x512 for nf2..I think everytime I buy mems..I make wrong decisions...

bought 2x512 OCZ PC3200 Elplatinum rev1..and as I saw all over the net that hey do 250 easily..I bought it..and not even 225...

Bought my mushkin pc4000 redline..thinking ..well the are ddr500 so..they must do 250fsb..nope..they do memtest @240but prime..no way..

I got a 2x512MB PC4500 Adata Vitesta TCCD KIT.

In a nforce4 ultra, they work pretty fine a lot better then a previous kit 2x512OCZ Platinum PC3200 rev1.

Is there any real reason why they shouldnt work fine in a nforce2 board? I see a lot of contractions ones claiming that high fsb memorys are better, others claiming that pc3200 are better for nforce2 boards.

Im curious how can a tccd pc3200 memory be better then a pc4500 tccd memory, but if anyone can explain it i would like to know why those salesman from overclockers store say that ;)

In my experience and observation, the best combination of size and speed setting for DFI NF2 board memory setting is 2x512 MB high FSB capable memory sticks.

Since they quite makin' Real bh5. TCCD is the really the best way to go. In nf2. They usually work as advertised sometiimes even better.

I asked overclockers what they thought about the pc3200 vs pc4000 and they told me I would be better of with decent pc3200.....and they must have good knowledge of the products they sell.....well from previous experience they have great technical support.

I emailed thier pre-sales team originally about what type and I asked them yesterday again about what make they would recommend and he said, "OCZ or G.SKILL trust me!!!!!!!!!"
Are you a member at the forums?????? Have you asked them, they are after all the end users.........;). Not knocking OCUK tech depart at all, i just find the users more hhhhmmmm "honest" than the tech heads ;).

I got a 2x512MB PC4500 Adata Vitesta TCCD KIT.

In a nforce4 ultra, they work pretty fine a lot better then a previous kit 2x512OCZ Platinum PC3200 rev1.

Is there any real reason why they shouldnt work fine in a nforce2 board? I see a lot of contractions ones claiming that high fsb memorys are better, others claiming that pc3200 are better for nforce2 boards.

Im curious how can a tccd pc3200 memory be better then a pc4500 tccd memory, but if anyone can explain it i would like to know why those salesman from overclockers store say that ;)

They will work fine in an NF2 and with a low vdimm as well. At 250fsb you can expect good timmings in the area of 11-2.5-2-2-2 1t. Next to old school BH5 0r UTT-CH5(that dose'nt die) they are probably the best ic's for the NF2, so go with it and get clocking :nod:

I want to get a 512x2 kit that surelly will do 250 without a hit and with good timings (ex: 2.5-2-2-11)

FOr now I have for trade:

Corsair XMX 2x512Mb LLPT TwinX rev 1.1 (old-bh5)

Mushkin 1Gb PC4400 High Perf Dual Pack (tccd)

Adata vitesta pc4500 (tccd)

And Aquapc TCCD (this are a generic brand named with the stroree's name) (old tccd - don't like voltage)

and I'm waiting for the answer of trading or not a Patriot PC3200 XBLK 2x512 kit...

what do I choose?

Consider that I have nf2..and I have no mods...and for now no intention to do it..(but all board sinked :P)

man.... these paired old BH-5 are really sweat... but as you're not gonna mod your girl, i think that you should first check wich PCB this AquaPC RAM uses... since it's old TCCD, it will likelly clock higher, and with lets volts...

but.. hey? Wich is your board? LP Rev.A or LP Rev.B??? (1 SATA or 4 SATAs)

but htey have high latencies...something like 2.5-3-3-7 (aquapc) and the owner who's got a nf4 said that It won't low latencies..and they do about [email protected]..

how much voltage do that corsair will need to do 250 @2.5-2-2-11?

I have the lpb...

What mems should I look more?

If i was you Skinnie i would stick with the Mushkin or the Adata Tccd. No mods needed and as i said before they should run at 11-2.5-2-2-2 1t at 250fsb with no probs. If your Corsair is old school BH5 then it will need 3.4v to 3.6v at 11-2-2-2-2 1t 250fsb, which will need a vdimm mod.