Platinum rev.2 odd reaction to changing timings

bigsean

Ok so this week i decided to try overclocking as my 3000+ is starting to be "slow"

compared to everything else out there. So i printed out the huge guide and read

it a couple times over.

Then i did a oc to test cpu onyl and got to 250fsb and around 2.3 i think with cool

temps.

But now as i try to test my ram as soon as I try to change a timming i reboot and

bam, nothing posts. So i clear cemos and try again losening the timmigns a little

more to the same effect. Aparently my ram dosnt like the settings to be changed

form auto. (btw i used ags recomendation in the guide for timmings.

Not only this but when i dont touch the timming and raise the fsb up even 5mhz it

wont make it to the windows loading screen and hang when the boot for cd text

usually comes up.

I would think this expensive(at the time i bought it) ram would be able to handle

at least 5 mhz:(

The odd thing is if I put the ram ratio to 100 mhz it will go as high as the cpu

wants but any other option with the ram prevents the computer from booting.

Oh and i did try upping the ram voltage but didnt help:(

Anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks,

Sean

I would think this expensive(at the time i bought it) ram would be able to handle at least 5 mhz:(

The odd thing is if I put the ram ratio to 100 mhz it will go as high as the cpu

wants but any other option with the ram prevents the computer from booting.

Oh and i did try upping the ram voltage but didnt help:(

Anyone know why this would happen?

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean,

I have exactly the same symptoms atm, detailed in this thread: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50810

I have fsb seemingly stable at 290MHz with ram ratio set to 100MHz, even upping to 120MHz and the system won't boot. Upping vRam to 3.0v - no difference.

I am going to try Big Toes bios 704-2BTA and see if that helps but won't be back at my machine until Tuesday :(

Lemme know how you get on with this.

Kam

Heh sucks eh? I only really got to play with my new setup Friday night and then off to inlaws (200 miles away) Sat morning...all I want to do is play with my new rig :drool:

Have been reading more posts that have been saying Big Toes's bios is the way ahead for Corsair ram...grrr, I just wanna get home and try it out! :sad:

kam

ive had the samep roblem as you, if you raise to 205mhz you'll hit a wall. you need to change the timings to at leat 2.5-3-3-7, but wiht that you can get very far (i got to DDR 550 with those settings, :) )

so just loosen the timings and you'll be fine.