Help with unstable system

I asked for help a couple of weeks back because I had a chipset fan fail. I replaced the fan with the Evercool VC-RE. Everything was fine for a couple of days and then I noticed my chipset temps were sky high and when I looked I found the new fan was not running. When I stopped swearing, I rebooted and the fan started very slowly. After about twenty minutes it had stopped running again. I had been using the 3 pin connector on the motherboard so I went to a 4 pin and hooked the fan up there. The fan seems to be working fine now but my computer has been acting very sluggish and unstable. I am not crashing but things just are not right. For example, occasionally when I click on a link online or on my desk top, my monitor will go black for a second before it opens the new page. Have I damaged my chipset? Could this be a PS beginnig to fail or some sort of motherboard issue?

Hello,

Might be something else like the gfx card?

If it needs a power connector you must plug one into it,

Also the board must have 4 power connectors plug into it (you probably know this?)

The best thing you can do is reinstall windows + quick format and monitor your temps and see how things go,

Do not install the nvidia Firewall/NAM software.

I have all 4 power leads properly connected. The firewall is not installed. Somehow this feels like a hardware problem as opposed to a software issue. How does one check the efficiency of a power supply?

youd be surprised what a PSU could do. There isnt really a way to check, well there is but it wouldnt tell you anything. Thermaltakes are notorius for screwing with DFI mobos