Dfi and enermax problem

I bought this board 5 months ago, and all works fine. But this week i try a enermax liberty 500 but pc don´t boot. All psu connector are correct but nothing happens. When i put the old psu(Levicom visible power 450w) all works fine again.

I read about some users have problems of imcopatibilities with DFI and Enermax, is this true? This problems are with all enermax(noisetaker,....) or only with liberty?

Im very sad with this and all info is wellcome. A 50€ levicom works but 110€ great enermax no :confused: .

Thanks and excuse my english.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. No, only try the enermax in my system, and i send it fast to rma. Im no sure that the psu works, but i read some users with problems and i want to know if there are a problem of compatibility Dfi-Enermax or no, for a possible future claim.

Anyone have this psu and board combination and works fine?

There are known issues with the newer high wattage power supplies and every motherboard.

It is a hit-or-miss proposition for some people. Give the RMA unit a chance before you change again.

There are known issues with the newer high wattage power supplies and every motherboard.

It is a hit-or-miss proposition for some people. Give the RMA unit a chance before you change again.

Hey Roadie, Do you RMA the PSU or the MB?? (seriously)

Can DFI actually do something to the MB to fix this problem?

Thanks

:confused:

I have a liberty 400w which works, and I've not had any stability issues. I tested my motherboard with a psu from the recommended list and it didn't boot so I rma'd the board.

jazzpicker @

As far as I can understand this issue hasn't so much to do with the motherboard - also seen by the fact that it's not just users of DFI motherboard who had had these kind of problems - instead it looks to me like the increased need for power has forced the PSU-manufactorers to develope their products. Quite naturally there has been mixed results, but some modules of some manufactorers seem to have no problems at all. I don't think DFI, or Asus or some other motherboard manufactorer, can do so much about it.