Need advice

Hi Folks,

First post on this forum,

I am building a new rig next week. In my sig is a list of the components I will be using

for my new build ... and i was wondering...I have 2 x 512 OCZ Dual Channel Platinum Edition Enhanced Latency PC-3700 DDR modules (Samsung TCCD...i think) can i expect some issues/problems regarding my memory?

Any help would be apreciated ,Thanks in advance!!! :)

Fattix,

Check out the Stock Speed Database and the Socket939 Overclock Database here at the Street. Search out CPU/memory similar to what you'll be running and borrow those BIOS and memory settings as a starting point. I'm of the opinion that if you get the timings right, just about any memory will work. Hell, when I built my first DFI based rig, I read all sorts of stories from people that said Hynix just wouldn't run well on the NF4 DFI board. Fight_Games and I would beg to differ. We both had excellent success with our OCZ Hynix based memory. It all comes down to being able to tweak your BIOS and memory timings until you find a stable sweet spot.

Be prepared for lots of MemTest and Prime95 runs to get it right. The DFI boards require a bit of commitment from the user, but once you hit the nail on the head, man these boards just fly!

So in and of itself, to answer your main question

"and i was wondering...I have 2 x 512 OCZ Dual Channel Platinum Edition Enhanced Latency PC-3700 DDR modules (Samsung TCCD...i think) can i expect some issues/problems regarding my memory?"

Yes, you can expect some issues or problems to begin with. But that's true of about any type of RAM you might choose. My only rule is NEVER EVER NEVER try and run value RAM on a DFI motherboard. Good luck and keep us posted.

Links to the two threads I mentioned above;

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38

and

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10195

Im running a SLI DR and when I asked about ram for that board most people sugested GSkill pc4000 2X1 gig stick's It's right at 200 or so at newegg and it's not value ram I actually already had some corsair value ram and the board would run but that's all no OC at all and you will have to tweek out the bios ram timings to get stabel 250fsb at 1/1 but it's worth it there isint a game I cant play smoothly now I am running 2 6800gs card's in sli but im still breaking 10,000 in 3DMark05 and almost getting 6000 in 06 and when you can run Fear smoothly that's when that 2X Gig of ram really makes a diference. After tweeking the seting's out to where I could run 2800 without problem's Memtest and Prime stabel I backed it off to 11X250=2750mhz with a HT of 4 your right on the money.It isint what Ide call a monster OC but it's stabel as hell and dosent get hot and dose everything that ive asked it to so far so for a midrange priced ram Im pretty satifyed and Im also running 64bit window's so if your looking for preformance that dosaent brake the bank Ide do the GSkill there is also a whole section of this fourm devoted to GSkill ram timing's and so many people have used it advise is easy to come by even if you dont know what your doing.===BA===