Should I push 2.7ghz?

nib95

Well, i'm currently running 2.6ghz on my Opteron 170. (UMPW) On air with the Big typhoon and the Thermaltake Bluethunder 120mm fan. (still quiet but much more powerful then stock)

At 1.45v. Its just a simple OC, just slowly edged my way to 260fsb. It runs pretty cool at about 28-30 idle and in the 40's on load.

My question is, should I push it to 270fsb? Will my ram be able to take it?

Whats the best type of torture test on Prime95 to test it? (the in-place large FTT one?)

One last question, is there a programme where I can check CPU temp and so on in Windows as apposed to in BIOS?

Many thanks

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is a bug on the expert. But if I put my hand to the CPU cooler while running two instances of Prime95 (1 for each core) the cooler is basically cool and not hot at all, the most it gets to is warm.

I'm just afraid to try it.

Would you guys suggest 270fsb with the default mutiplier at 10?

Or 245 x 11 / 250 x 11?

Hard crash your expert board or in general?

He can use MBM5 aswell was'nt the only application I put you need a general Idea from multiple programs to know the average Temp.

Thank you for picking me up on it through.

Your not going to get 11 multi on a 170 so you can rule that out unless you have been EXTREMELY lucky.

please stop giveing him false info he only has 10x multi.

No, General, The Expert Just crashes when you use Sandra or Speed Fan...

As for avrage temp, nope, the expert is just screwed with the temp monitor, some had + 20, some +7...

i had about +5 i think...

no software avrages that...

No, General, The Expert Just crashes when you use Sandra or Speed Fan...

As for avrage temp, nope, the expert is just screwed with the temp monitor, some had + 20, some +7...

i had about +5 i think...

no software avrages that...

What do you mean?

You mean to say the expert shows temps higher then they really are?

Because if it does its good news for me because idle I'm mid to high 20's and full load high 30's and low-mid 40's.

Go and donwload MBM5 he has also said to go with a 11x multi on a Opteron 170 I would take his advice with a pinch of salt.

I have a Opteron 0550 UPMW aswell, I have overclocked about 4 of them with my rig and I know where the stepping can go with what cooling.

Get your average temp from windows with mbm5 and the Bios and we can go from there.