Should I push 2.7ghz?

nib95

The opposite...

it shows them too low...

if you said the X11 about me, i just copied what he said...

learn to read.

all i told him is that he should trial and error.

im jsut warning him before he burns he's CPU.

And there are about 50 threads about the expert showing lower temps, i suggest you read them.

my expert showed about 30-32 idle n ~37 load, my a8n i had showed that + 5 or so...

i dont believe neither. so ill say i had about 35idle and 40 load...

be carefull with the temps. dont trust the temp monitor on the expert it too much.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

huh? are you talking to yourself?

a. The expert Shows lower temps then real life. some had it up to 20c defference.

b. I dont know what multi the 170 uses, sorry, i dont use the 170.

c. i told him that if its between 245 or 250 all he can do is start at 245 and go up slowly.

mbm, speedfan, bios, it doesnt matter. its a hardware problem, which is well known to dfi.

Lol, ok people.

You've all scared me off now lol.

I might just stick with 2.6ghz. Not like it's really slow, it runs perfectly stable. Just wondered if I could push my 3dMark scores that little bit better and perhaps improve COD2 and Oblivion performance.

I'm currenly sitting on 13, 500 3dmark05 and 8, 800 3dMark06.

I reckon if I did OC to 2.7ghz and had it stable, id get closer to 14k and 9k.

Ahh well :P

Might try it later, I just dont want to kill my CPU.

It definately runs cool though.

I've had Prime95 running on both cores now for 3 hours and my Big Typhoon heatsink is barely even warm.

Yeah, the big typhoon is a killer...

only moved to WC because of the slience...

you can probably go 2.7 if not more without much of a prob, i just suggest you try and measure your temps before to see the delta between what is shown, and what is real...

good luck.

You need a approximate reading of the temp, as I said 2700 is reachable with this stepping I have a Big TT if I get enough time tommorow I'll run some tests on my setup and see where it can get.

as For the Expert bug I don't really think its a issue you can get where you want to if you have the know how and put the time into your OC, you will probably need around 1.5volts at 2700 - 2800 averageing it takes me around 1.45 to get to 3000 but I'm running different cooling on the 0550 UPMW.

yeah, you really cant compare W/c or phase with the TT, although its a gr8 cooler, its still runs hotter, i agree with the volts...

just be sure your memory isnt holding you back, put it on a low multi till you find the max cpu...

yeah or a 11multi..

Thats what I was thinking.

I'll try to up my fsb to 270, but if that doesnt go down well i'll try for the 11 multi.

Again, just this question guys, what is the best programme that will let me monitor my CPU temp and details etc?

Also, do you need to restart after installing it?

well, if you just want something to chk it now, use the smart guardian, i dont rememember it needing a restart...

later on, use mbm, i jsut dont know if it needs restart, sorry... cant seem to recall that...

i used to love speedfan, but its just a bit risky with this board (you can run it, but its you need a shortcut wiith a switch...)

I keep saying the Opteron 170 does not have a 11x Multi put it at 1.48 volts and 10x multi boot at 2700 & your ram at 166 or 180 then go from there.

MBM5 is the best out of both of them set it up now and get it over with

Your CPU should boot easily at that voltage you know how to use the CPU VID setting you need 110% & 1.350 = 1.48 around

after 2700 you will need around the 1.5 area or over