Installing 7"LCD on case

First off I want to think Soundx98 for selling this 7" monitor, I know it hurt him deeply to part out the case he owned. I hope I do it justice in his eye's. OK enough with the tear jerken BS, on with the show.

lcd0016iy.jpg

This is the back plate I made its 7.6"x3.6" with a 1" bend.

lcd0020iv.jpg

I'm gonna mount it near the top, behind the drive bays. I prepped the case now I "gotta do some modden" NOTE: these things put out a lot of heat. Good thing I got a 120mm blowhole. :)

lcd0030um.jpg

Inorder to get the side cover on I have to mount the plate flush to the drive cage. So I got to cut this metal lip off the back of the drive cage. Using a bare hacksaw blade inorder to get a flush cut parrallel to the horizontal support bar.

More to come later.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lcd0074qi.jpg

I dry fitted the back plate and marked my drill points.

lcd0087ge.jpg

After I drilled the plate I placed back up and marked the case through the holes.

lcd0093ko.jpg

The two vertical holes will have screws w/nuts. The horizontal hole will be tapped for screw only.

lcd0104lb.jpg

Back plate installed.

lcd0119kd.jpg

This is the LCD mounting plate that I attached to the plate via 3M tape.

Note: the LCD has no housing, the curcuit card on the back is bare/exposed.

soundx98 mounted a plastic plate to the curcuit card and that slides into the plate you see above? If anyone wants me to take a pic of these two parts inorder to make it clear, let me know.

Guest Blooz1

Nice work, Kandoo!

You a brave man, mounting that LCD with the system still in the case!

I was curious about the battery Dremel too - most of 'em don't have the juice for much more than drilling holes. Does that one have enough torque to actually using cutting discs and stuff?

Yea, I got the hole adapter kit with it. it'll cut thin sheet metal, you just can't lean on it. cant take the load, especially if the battery is low on charge, The battery charge will last a long time. Here is a picture with the hole saw adapter on, the drill bitt cuts on the side, with it you can cut any size hole in sheet metal or plexiglass.

lcd0154uk.jpg