Installing 7"LCD on case

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been considering putting one into the top two or three empty bays on the front of my computer, but you got to that one first. :)

Gotta keep an eye out for one that'll fit and still look like it belongs.

IT'S JUST FRIKKEN AWESOME! :D

Very, Very nice work and the step by step was down right exciting.

It's a real show stopper for sure.

(Always looks better in a custom mount of course)

And I've got a 5.6" (4:3 Ratio) that will fit in 5.25" bays, and two more 7" (in cases 16:9 ratio) that I will be selling. They come with remote controls to adjust contrast, brightness, picture and sharpness.

I knew you'd give it a good home Kandoo, just excellent. Big Thumbs up.

Myfavoriteshot.jpg

And I've got a 5.6" (4:3 Ratio) that will fit in 5.25" bay

Let me know about those man, definitely interested in throwing one on my rig. :) Do you know what the depth is by chance? I got a fillport that might get in the way...

Also, how do those hook up anyways? Have to use dual-monitor support through your video card or is there an internal pci connection?

subscribed - really interesting.

@ kandoo: nice job dude, 1 question: as techno asked above - did you use second dvi output?

I'm just using two of the jacks, Power lead(modified to fit a 4pin molex) and the s-video jack(the round connection on the back of the videocard) it's a very easy hook-up. If you need pic's just let me know. There are also two more connection jacks, one is for a remote camera, and the other is for connection to a T.V.

Let me know about those man, definitely interested in throwing one on my rig. :) Do you know what the depth is by chance? I got a fillport that might get in the way...

Also, how do those hook up anyways? Have to use dual-monitor support through your video card or is there an internal pci connection?

The LCD I got from soundx is about 1" thick. I got a s-video to rca connector from radioshack,and ran the cable along the horizontal case bar (the lcd is sitting on it) and out through a water cooling port located on the back of the case, and down to the v-card. powered up and used windows properties and Nvidia settings to activate and set up in duel or clone mode. check out MBM5 thread(in software section) PG.87 #1299 PG.88 #1313(stickey)for more pic's.

EDIT: Here is soundx98 install guide http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19593 . should have found this along time ago? :cool: