Music

Guest oRiOn

I hate the quality of downloaded music, legal, from Itunes Raphsody and MSN Music, all sucks IMO. I like to buy the CD, much more quality and the sound is more 3d.

-Will

I still buy the vast majority of my music on CD. It allows me to always have a pristine copy so I can make my own rips at the quality that I like.

I have a hard time justifying investing in all the digital downloads as a sole source.

But, there is some older music that's not available on CD anymore that I have to download from the services.

Well, I haven't taken the plunge to downloading music since the fall of Napster, and I deleted all of those songs when I had to reformat and re-install windows...

Anyway, I guess if I were to download music it would be from iTunes. I just don't like the idea of having music that I pay for locked into one format, so it has very limited usage.

When you download music, the quality of the sound isn't the only problem, a lot of times there's some type of protection added to them. If It's not free to play on any device, or in any program, I wish then I don't want it. I get all my music from CD.

I also figure at a $1 per song for downloading crap vs. $10-$15 for top quality sound including jewel covers, buying the CD I believe is the better choice. OK, I try to pick them up used for $8 since I have a few stores in my area that sell used CD's. This means that it would normally cost you more to download than purchase the actual disc.

My parents have an account on Napster and I bum off of it quite a lot. It lets me synch directly with my Zen Vision, so I'm happy. admin edit:

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKING ABOUT OR HINTING OF WAYS AROUND LEGAL COPYRIGHT/DRM OR YOU WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY.

READ THE RULES!

My parents have an account on Napster and I bum off of it quite a lot. It lets me synch directly with my Zen Vision, so I'm happy. admin edit:

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TALKING ABOUT OR HINTING OF WAYS AROUND LEGAL COPYRIGHT/DRM OR YOU WILL BE BANNED PERMANENTLY.

READ THE RULES!

you better learn to read the rules

i refuse to install Itunes and some of the hockey team have Ipods and I used to hook them up to winamp instead

I just don't like itunes for the fact that its so limited...if i buy a song, I want to be able to play it on all of my comps, mp3 players, burn it to audio cd for my car/living room, etc.

They are so damn worried that we are going to BUY the music then turn around and pirate it to Kazaa or whatever kids are using now...it makes me sick. If songs were $.49-$.99 each then NO ONE would have need to pirate music =(

besides, I've spent more than twice as much on concert tickets, dvd's, shirts, etc for a band than I ever did just buying their LP/cd

i refuse to install Itunes and some of the hockey team have Ipods and I used to hook them up to winamp instead

I just don't like itunes for the fact that its so limited...if i buy a song, I want to be able to play it on all of my comps, mp3 players, burn it to audio cd for my car/living room, etc.

They are so damn worried that we are going to BUY the music then turn around and pirate it to Kazaa or whatever kids are using now...it makes me sick. If songs were $.49-$.99 each then NO ONE would have need to pirate music =(

besides, I've spent more than twice as much on concert tickets, dvd's, shirts, etc for a band than I ever did just buying their LP/cd

thats exactly my thoguht, but i use itunes just for the fact that i can get the one song that i want and not have to buy the whole CD