DDR 500 Running at DDR 400

Magel

@Magel,

Stop reading the post screen and boot into windows, open CPU-z, click on the memory tab and your memory frequency will be displayed.

As everyone here is trying to tell you, the post screen always says DDR400... every A64 and Intel board I have here says DDR400 on the post screen when you have the 1:1 divider set, because as far as the board is concerned the FSB is only ever set to 200 because no motherboard made to date "knows" you are overclocking it, so to speak.

Even when I have my ram running 300 (DDR600) the post screen still says DDR400 because I am running 1:1.

Do you follow?

Thanks

And did you try FSB Bus Frequency to 210, 215, 220 or intermediate step in between or just the big@ss jump to 250 FSB Bus Frequency? Which might have been more at 250x11=2750Mhz than the cpu was able to run without lowering the multiplier.

One thing is for sure and that is that JUST because you have memory capable of running 250FSB does not mean you can set the memory to 250FSB and not adjust other parameters to compensate and espcially so if you jump the FSB past what the FSB times multiplier gives as an overall speed of the cpu and thus overspeed the cpu. Ain't gunna happen very well.

RGone...

Na I didnt wind the CPU up to 250MHZ straight up, probably would have sent it to CPU heaven :angel:, I did put it up to this MHZ but only after lowering the multiplyer to x9.0 (2250MHZ) stock speed.

Thanks guys for your help, ran memtest as suggested and turns out the ram is running at DDR500. I thought it was only running at DDR400 because of boot screen. Strange as my old board showed DDR500 at the boot screen. It is also strange that there isnt even a real time clock IN the BIOS for the CPU and Ram, I assumed that would be a basic feature of a $300AUD motherboard. ;)

Thanks again for the help. :)