Will 2 7900 gtx 512 work in sli on a sli-dr?

Like the topic says will 2 7900 gtx fit on a dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr or is there not enough spacing between the 2 pci-e slots? Can someone confirm this for me.

Yes, it will fit, but excpect significantly higher temperatures on the master card.

That would be a sweet setup. You might end up being CPU limited, though I couldn't tell for sure.

Im running the 3800+ venice @ 2.95 ghz so shouldnt be so limited.

Like the topic says will 2 7900 gtx fit on a dfi lanparty nf4 sli-dr or is there not enough spacing between the 2 pci-e slots? Can someone confirm this for me.

Yeah they should, pending your case for these are big cards. May wanna put a side case fan blowing air to the cards to fit some freash air in the SMALL gap between the cards.

You never mentioned that your CPU is overclocked.

Even then, it may be bottlenecked simply due to the fact that it's not dual-core.

I'm no expert, but that would be my assumption.

Dualcore processors only score higher on like 3dmark05/06 than single core processors plus only like 2 games support dualcore Quake 4 and oblivion and they have major bugs too lol, sometimes the games will get out of sync with both cores and the game will move like wierd or freeze up/unfreeze dualcore is very poor choice for gaming, my friend is having all kinds of problems 4800+ x2

People take bottlenecking out of hand, like i have a socket 478 pentium 4 3.2 ghz with HT 800 mhz fsb prescott on a albatron px915prop4c pci-e board. if i run like doom3 timedemo demo1 1600x1200 x4 aa ultra quality it scores the same fps as a athlon 64 fx-57 using the x1800xt or 7800 gtx or if it run counter strike stress test same score as my athlon 64 , bottlenecking only occurs at resolutiond 800x600 or 1024x768 any higher the games gpu limited so getting really fast processors is pointless.

Dualcore processors only score higher on like 3dmark05/06 than single core processors plus only like 2 games support dualcore Quake 4 and oblivion and they have major bugs too lol, sometimes the games will get out of sync with both cores and the game will move like wierd or freeze up/unfreeze dualcore is very poor choice for gaming, my friend is having all kinds of problems 4800+ x2

Totally incorrect I'd say on the gaming front. The FX60 is a DC and is a gamers chip. In fact, all the latest nV and ATi drivers are multithreaded and offer about 15% performance increase over single cores. And about the freeze etc, this can be remedied using the boot switch /usepmtimer - all AMD DC owners are told to install the AMD driver for this reason as it automatically adds this switch to the boot.ini. Also, games run faster on a DC than the equivalent speed single core as one core can be dedicated to the game. CoD2 and Quake4 are both multithreaded as well as the upcoming UT2007 and all derivative games based on the same engine. DC is the future ;). Add to the gaming, you have windows running snappy as hell with a DC so you get the best of both worlds.

In SLI, you are always CPU limited in response to your last post. This is the reason quad SLI offers little over SLi. Obviously the CPU limit is reduced when using higher resolutions but there is always some CPU limitation.