***Scrambled Boot up.

re seat the video card, but before, clean out the pci e plug with some compressed air, and clean the contacts on the card with some alcohol, also make sure a component aint knocked off

what he said. my 6800 wouldnt work in the first pcie slot at all,when i switched

it to the second ran fine.cleaned with electrical cleaner and bam no problems since with the first slot.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen anything like that.. Sounds like a PCI-e issue though which happens to affect 6800GS cards in particular...

My card has a redesigned board and different components than normal cards so I guess that's why I haven't seen any problems.

Never seen anything like that.. Sounds like a PCI-e issue though which happens to affect 6800GS cards in particular...

ive seen it since agp cards and mobos came out, as well as ddr memory way back in the k266 days.looked plugged in well,but you would get beep codes for memory or video on brand new cards.sometimes you had to reseat 4 times.i had two memory sticks with heat spreaders that wouldnt allow the memory to seat right.would work fine one cold start the next time no boot and memory beeps.same twinmos i always use but they put heat spreaders on them,rma for the same with no heat spreaders,no more problems.I dont buy ram with heat spreaders.those were the first they will be the last.

I got it when i pushed my memory to far, saw weird pink and green stripes and ., like an old school videocard crash :)

turned my ram little bit slower, its working now. never had it again knock knock.

maybe look @ your ram settings? load optimized defaults?

just my 2 cents

Phyt`