***Scrambled Boot up.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i booted up my computer, and it didnt do it this time.

what i did was take out the card, reset cmos. just used the jumper(didnt take bat out) and then i started it up. it didnt have it so i was pretty happy. i hope it doesnt do it again but we'll c.

the only things that has me bugged is that why will it do it SOMETIMES and not always.

i do have an old crt 17" monitor tho. i will be buying a 19" soon but i just finished buy to much **** and have to wait.

and we got to find a solution.

and whats this vanilla issue?

well mine works correctly at least 75% of the time. i can go a whole week or more without it happening like this past week, and then this morning, bam!! it happened again. so i dont know if you really "fixed" it or not. just give it time and about 10-20 bootups to see :P

ok guys i FINALLY got my new psu the ocz powerstream...****i am happy with the psu. i no longer have to jump start my computer. it turns on and off just perfect but i still get the scrambled bios screen on the SECOND bootup.

thats right second necause the first one looks fine but only after i have RESEATED my gfx card.

all i do is take it out put it back in snug and VOIALA it works. turn off; then turn back on and SCRAMBLED and then i repeat the process.

so is it the gfx card? or motherboard?

im still gonna say that theres a problem with the graphics card or the combination of the card with the mobo. i believe this board has been known to run perfectly fine with other cards. ive gotten the scrambled bootup twice this week so far. i was just thinking though, these cards come overclocked out of the box, does that mean that they need any more power supplied to them in the bios settings? someone more experienced with this kind of stuff knows better then i do, just a thought that crossed my mind if anyone minds answering.

this is happening with me too on my new x1800xt .. i mean the screen shows up like a matrix movie screensaver .. and this doesnt happen always and i am having many cold boots too .. any help on this will be appreciated.

Well this remembered me of an issue I was having with my 7800GT, random boots started windows with the screen scrambled, according to evga specs, my vga is 445 mhz gpu and 1070mhz mems, but it could not stand these clocks,

I have actually flashed my vga with a generic nvidia bios for 7800GT, I tried 6 diff bioses for it the one that actually had no problems was 400mhz gpu and 1000 mhz

I could have gotten an RMA for this card but that would be too expensive and would take too long (like 3 months whithout a vga) since I live in Brazil

Guest SuppA-SnipA

re seat the video card, but before, clean out the pci e plug with some compressed air, and clean the contacts on the card with some alcohol, also make sure a component aint knocked off

• 1 month later...

well i just found another thread about a guy getting this problem, and guess what, he has a geforce 6800 gs also. almost all of us have this video card. its my number one suspect, but i dont have the kind of money to buy a new card and test out my theory.