Cant get anything to work

Guest Djghost_merged

Guest Djghost

Hello, i have read around on these forums for a bit, and havent found anything that would show me what is wrong.

I just got all the parts for my new PC. Put it together, and all i get is the fans running and 4 red LED's Everything is brand new, fresh out of the box. And i am hoping that my parts arent bad. I dont really know what else i can say about it, every piece is brand new. Caps lock wont light up on keyboard, but the lights flash for a split second when it starts up.

*edit: Forgot to add, the speaker wont make a peep either. I made sure its turned on w/ the jumper

Guest Djghost

I have a 450 watt PSU atm, Ultra 500watt modular sitting next to me, But i dont have the 4 pin cable for it, so using this japanese POS for the moment, its made by Okia. That is all i have hooked up atm besides my Seagate 80gb HDD

DId you do a cmos clear? Thats your first choice atm...

I am not sure about your 450W psu..is it the one came with the case..?

I am assuming you are following the build guide and you have the mobo out of the case and with only cpu, psu, 1 ram stick in furthest orange slot and vid card connected...

DO the cmos clear, if no avails and if you cant find a listed psu then do a long cmos clear, if still no go and still cant find a listed psu, I think the next thing is to try and make sure your cpu and ram are working.. plug them on a mates mobo and see if they work..

good luck bro..

Guest Djghost

Well, i just spent over a grand getting parts to build this thing, the ultra didnt come w/ the 4 pin plug, it was optional and i was told it was only for p4's, so i didnt get it. I'm not running it w/ SLI, i just got this so i can upgrade to it at a later date. If the PSU doesnt come w/ the 20pin my adaptor wont do it? the one i have now is 24 pin, but the ultra is 20 pin and i bought an adapter.

STOP using that PSU and wait until you have the proper PSU running.

I'm not sure that Ultra will do the job either.

See here...

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10854

man, I use a 450w modstream, when should I expect my computer to blow up? Ultra X-Finiity are good, but the Ultra X-connect PS's were not very good. I've had my modstream for about 6 months I guess, its performed well.

Guest Djghost

Well, i will get a diff PSU when i get some money, but as for now. I still dont know y nothing will work.

Guest Djghost

Ok, well, if im going to get a new PSU, are there any modular PSU's you would recomend, i am just as worried about how this thing looks as how it runs

Follow the link in ExRoadie's post and buy one of those.

btw, nothing beats the looks of this bad butt ocz powerstream... now if only i could only convince the neighbors to come over and stick their heads in my case. :P