Forget Prime95: BF2 64 maps is the new stabillity benchmark

Raphie

I had problems with BF2 and playing on a LAN recently. My friend (who is also dual core) had the same. We are both overclocked as well. To fix the problem we just set the affinity of bf2.exe to a specific core. No more problems. Might be a hassle, but it did the job.

My good guess here is your memory timings. I was rock stable @ 2.8, ran x2 prime 95 in place large fft for 10hrs. When I played fear or BF2 after uhmm 30 mins of playing my system would restart. First I suspected it was the CPU, I decided to isolate the CPU and lower all my mem timings. VOILA! no restarting what so ever. Prime95, super pi, memtest and OCCT doesnt reflect real world performance or activities.

My rig has run dual prime 8hrs+, passes multiple passes of occt, superPi, and memtest overnight, but for some stupid reason whenever I run Aquamark it freezes after the tests finish, Battlefield would occasionally freeze, but I isolated the problem to be the clock settings on the graphics card as when I turned it down some (was at (581/1190, turned down to 570/1180) it doesnt freeze anymore, but aquamark still freezes even when I set everything back to stock settings... oddly enough, it actually finishes the test as it puts the score into my test folder.

same here......... prime stable 12+hr, got 2 entries in OCDB, all is good, but 10-15min of BF2, and BOOM, BSOD or crash to desktop.

drop the RAM overclock from 257 to 250, and problems dissapear. but my cpu gotta go down too from 2.814 to 2.75, which is ok.

tweak the memory over and over again, still no good. best settings i can get is it wont BSOD, but it would crash to desktop.

so i am isolating the problem to memory :) its becoz BF2 @1280x1024 4xAA eats about 900Mb of RAM, and out of the 2 sticks of 1024, im afraid 1 of the stick is worse than the other :(