The Best 2 GB RAM

zumbi9in

Could anyone recommend me a 2Gb RAM kit?

I will change my 4x512 Ballistix for 2x1024 lower latency ones. Less heat in my case, and then my memories can run at 1T.

No overclock, just DDR400 normal speed at low latency.

It must have good performance and compatibility with NF4 Ultra-D, not as my Crucial Ballistix, that took me weeks to find out the perfect settings.

Should I go OCZ? Corsair? PQI?

And why?

Thank you very much.

Could anyone recommend me a 2Gb RAM kit?

I will change my 4x512 Ballistix for 2x1024 lower latency ones. Less heat in my case, and then my memories can run at 1T.

No overclock, just DDR400 normal speed at low latency.

It must have good performance and compatibility with NF4 Ultra-D, not as my Crucial Ballistix, that took me weeks to find out the perfect settings.

Should I go OCZ? Corsair? PQI?

And why?

Thank you very much.

if no OC, the OCZ platinums have stock timings of 2-3-2-5, and i think they are on sale wih a rebate on newegg.... just don't expect to get much out of them if you do OC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210

$159 after rebate

if no OC, the OCZ platinums have stock timings of 2-3-2-5, and i think they are on sale wih a rebate on newegg.... just don't expect to get much out of them if you do OC

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16820227210

$159 after rebate

no no no... never buy this ram. it flat sucks.

go with the gskill black pc4000 2gb kit, on sale for only 145 bucks. their regarded as nearly the best of the best. get it!

hehe you know what I'm going to recommend; corsair xms, my good friend swears by pqi(he's one of the best OCer's I know) also i know OCz is the ish. So is g skill and Patriot. Honestly dont you want to wait for AMD DDR2 chip since you have 2 gigs already? it'll only be a couple of months, Then you can by DDR2 with 1 ghz freq..

the G.skill is an excellent choice...

about the heat issues Pirate_freder speaks of..i noticed myself.

when running them in DDR540 with my 120mm cpu fan on lowest (priming) they would error..

with the the cpu fan on highest they would run good..

i just mounted a fan right on the dimms today, which is working very well..

once i see if the overclock that ive been working on for 2 days..(308x9 1.35V+104%) is 24hours stable .ill find out tomorrow...then i will start tweaking the FSB of my ram and see how much the fan helped .

i expect DDr550 easy.....