Newegg.com + 7900GT = NIGHTMARE

UncleDavid218

UPS is extremely reliable where I live (L.A.). I've shipped outbound packages with them for 10 years for my business several times a week and in all that time they've never lost a single one. I hear horror stories from time to time (just go on the audiophile forums to hear about damaged equipment), but for me UPS is like a fine Swiss watch (and Newegg, too).

Good luck with your replacement board, tho! I hope they take good care of you. It sucks to spend big $$$ and wait for it then not get your product!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be lucky, I have been dealing with NewEgg for as long as I can remember. Never a problem at all and I even buy a lot of refurbished items (returns that are tested I'm sure). I just got my second x1900XTX for 469.00 and it's the best one I have seen. Overclocks like crazy and even though advertised that it was the card only it came in a box with all the cables and disc. I can only guess why someone would have returned it. :)

I wish you luck in getting the issue resolved.

I totally agree that it probably was not newegg's fault INITIALLY. But once they said they would take care of it, they should have. Maybe someone higher up did decide otherwise, but they still shouldn't go back on their word. Besides, what's a side cover to a case.. to them. Almost nothing, and if that means keeping a customer, keeping their word, and POSSIBLY fixing a problem that was theirs from the start, then they had alot to gain, from this rather inexpensive item.

You are right. That was just a bad decision by someone at newegg to cancel it after they said it would be taken care of. They should have honored that no matter what to keep the customer.

I've had problems with newegg's std shipping before.' .(But w/ memory) 3 stick's of vx 1 was good 3 sticks of Platnium pc4800 2 are good (2 sticks of GX 1 went bad.But I think it just went bad) Anymore I have em' ship fedex 2day They box the stuff better seems to increase the odds. If OCZ won't rma I'll quite buyin' ocz.. I need a better vid card so I will assume the same rules will apply.

"Newegg's" allway been pretty good on the rma's at least sofar with me.It's just they keep sendin' stuff out that not much better when it get's here.(memory anyway)

• 3 weeks later...