How To Change Memory Divider In A7n8x Deluxe...

Im at work right now, then to the carwash, but after that i will when i get home, but ive tested it a million times and even with the best timings and having DDR400 Corsair XMS, i only get max 2600, 2400....it should be better than that.

HB

Ok....home now, got a screenie of my Sandra Scores....this is at 7-3-2-2T timings on A7N8X Deluxe, 1 x 512 MB Corsair XMS @ 200 FSB, Barton 2500+ @ 200 x 11.5

if anyone can figure why my scores are so low, and how to raise them please do tell!?

2818 Int, 2606 Float

:-( :(:(:(:(:(

Any help would be appreciated

Noobaliscious!

Grrrrr....moved....  :angry:  anyway.....i have it running by speed, which is at par w/ my OC'd Barton 2500+ @ 200 x 11.5  It posts at 200 DDR, in single channel mode.  Is that all that divider is referring to?  or is it something else they are talking about on that other forum I pasted?

Noobaliscous!!!!

Ummmm. I'm still perplexed why noone has noticed this. There's about 50 people smarter than me on this site (at least when it comes to computers), yet has EVERYONE missed the obvious???

When it posts, it does not "post at 200 DDR". It reads the following (or at least should):

Memory Frequency is at 200MHz - Single-Channel Mode (since you have single channel)

This is CORRECT! Why? Because DDR mean "DOUBLE Data Rate". What is 200 doubled???? Why, whatdyaknow, it's 400!

Mine says "Memory Frequency is at 166MHz - Dual-Channel Mode" because i have ddr2700, which is 333MHz. It said 133MHz when it was set on automatic, i dunno why, so i too had to change it to "by spd" and make it 166MHz. Mine didn't even have an option for 200, but i'm guessing it's because my fsb is 166, shrug. But anyway, there's your answer. Your memory is fine.

Ummmm.  I'm still perplexed why noone has noticed this.  There's about 50 people smarter than me on this site (at least when it comes to computers), yet has EVERYONE missed the obvious???

I find it fun sometimes to not bother responding to a thread and just kick back and watch people make an . out of themselves(no offense to anyone impaticular) :D

I know its not very nice but its fun as hell :ph34r:

..... ummm you didnt tell me anything. I already know that my memory is 200DDR= 400, that is not what im asking. If you read my post, i was asking WHY is my memory not running at par with the listed transfer speed. PC3200 memory should run at 3200 MB/sec (or 3.2 GB/sec), but as i showed from my Sandra scores, mine is only running at 2818/2606....THAT is the question i was asking

Noobaliscous!

yep...even at 2.9 wont POST, besides, i shouldnt have to up the voltage, the stock voltage should suffice for 3.2 GB/sec transfer speeds!!! everyone else is getting near there!, and before you ask, yes i memtested the mem, like 4 hours.

Noobaliscious!!!