How To Change Memory Divider In A7n8x Deluxe...

Can anyone help me with this? I have the regular BIOS revision 1005 on the A7N8X Deluxe board. I dont know how to change the memory to cpu divider. Right now im running it with Barton 2500+ OC'd to 2300 Mhz (200 x 11.5) and 512MB Corsair XMS DDR400 (PC3200). For some reason im getting crap scores on memory benchmarks (~2500, 2300 on Sandra) and i cant figure out why....ive seen a lot of people on the forum suggsting changing the divider, so i thought i would try it, but i dont see any option for it in my BIOS. Sorry for sounding like such a n00b, but this is my first build so gimme a break :P Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HB

:bah: .....i already have 1 x 512 stick...cant really change that as there is nothing wrong with it, although im sure i will eventually find a way to fix that :D , but i know that it is possible to change your divider, but im not sure how.

HB

:bah: .....i already have 1 x 512 stick...cant really change that as there is nothing wrong with it, although im sure i will eventually find a way to fix that :D , but i know that it is possible to change your divider, but im not sure how.

HB

2x256 sticks is better than 512 because you can dual-channel. What you're doing right now is just single-channel. So you should buy another 512 if you can afford it, so you can dual-channel. As for memory divider, i too, have no idea what you're talking about. It should recognize it at 400mhz automatically.

Grrrrr....moved.... :angry: anyway.....i have it running by speed, which is at par w/ my OC'd Barton 2500+ @ 200 x 11.5 It posts at 200 DDR, in single channel mode. Is that all that divider is referring to? or is it something else they are talking about on that other forum I pasted?

Noobaliscous!!!!

I dont think its justa hype cause most ppl seem to recomend it.

my results are pretty close to dual channel results and i only use 1 stick

run sandra and see what u gett for bandwidth efficiency and maximum bus bandwidth.

Edited by Ziggy54354

changing your divider won't give you better performance

the best performance from AMD's come from 1:1 mem/fsb ratio

and dual channel is not just hype, it works for intel systems, but for AMD it is hardly noticeable