Final OC X2 3800 @ 2.6

DeFJaE

Which sort of temps are you all hitting (idle and prime) with your x2's

I'm doing 26 deg and 38 deg - with watercooling.

Is that hotter than you'd expect for an X2?

i'm idle 26-28c, load 40-43c, on big typhoon.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which sort of temps are you all hitting (idle and prime) with your x2's

I'm doing 26 deg and 38 deg - with watercooling.

Is that hotter than you'd expect for an X2?

I'm currently sticking 1.475v * 1.028 through mine (1.51ish). Just primed for the last 3 hours at 2.8 ghz. (I know I should prime longer)

Temps (W/C) are about 41(31 +10) idle, 48/49 (38+10) full load. I've calibrated bios to +10c because I believe this is probably more accurate.

At stock voltages prior to bios calibration my temps were down to about 23/24c idle. So much so that my cpu fan kept grinding to a halt.

RLM

Nice, RLM. I remember you saying that you were running 2.6 for your 24/7. Now you're at 2.8! Good job.

2600 1.31V

Idle: 16C

Load: 24C

Ambient: 25C

These are the Expert temp reportings except for the ambient. Realistically I think my board reads 10-15C too low and probably closer to -15C

Takes a bit of getting used to, the calibration setting +10. I keep forgetting, and then freak out when I see the MBM temps.

1.45v for 2.8 is bloody good though Milk_Md. That's on an expert as well. Nice one. Decent temps aswell.

I did manage 2.9 ghz 1.525v * 1.024. Ran a few tests like rendering in LW and running cinebench. Great results. Bench render in LW from 78 seconds (stock) down to 56.4 (2.9 ghz). Nice. :D

Couldn't handle super pi 32m though (round error), and 1.57 volts is just a tad to high. :sweat:

Just one other thing, I installed the latest 84.22 forceware drivers from guru3d. First time I've made it over 5000 in 3dmark6 (5009), and the results in cinebench were well up. A real jump in performance over 84.20

RLM

I tried forceware 84.21 from the same site. It does give me a small increase in some benchmarks, but the weird thing is that I cannot always complete 3dmark05 or 06. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I will try the next forceware and see. thanks for the tip.

A bit Off Topic.

MilkMd, could be an opengl/dual core thing?? I use the reg fix aswell OGLThreadcontrol 2.

Without it, cinebench has display errors (white screen or freezes), and Lightwave hangs.

You might of done this already, but if you haven't it maybe worth a try.

1. Go into Regedit and determine the current primary display card by looking in HKey_Local_MachineHardware/DeviceMapVideo and note the GUID (global unique indentifier assigned by Windows) for the entry "devicevideo0" which is the long string at the end of the entry in brackets { }.

2. Edit HKey_Local_MachineSYSTEMCurrentControlSetContro lVideo{guid}0000, where {guid} is the number derived from the above step.

3. Open the "0000" directory and enter a new dword called OGL_ThreadControl and give it a value of 2.

In my experience it works a treat. :nod:

RLM

I tried forceware 84.21 from the same site. It does give me a small increase in some benchmarks, but the weird thing is that I cannot always complete 3dmark05 or 06. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I will try the next forceware and see. thanks for the tip.

Sup dude, sorry I haven't been keeping up with you guys. Work has been abit of a thorn in my side lately. I was having the same issue as you so I decided to give this a try http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_download...betadriver.html. Let me know if that helps.