DFI expert overclocking, fx-60

Kakarot

Also: I tried this exact set up for memory as I have the same sticks... pc would not even boot (no overclock when I tried this) Just manual did the timings....

ideas? thx http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91523

NOOB alert. Hi all, I just put this beast together... Now I want to push it ;)

However, most the things people tell me are league. This is ALL if have tried so far and the results. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated. Running latest Bios.

Thx in advance

Cpu throttling disabled

Fsb 240

LDT 3.0X

Cpu FSB 12X

pci freq 100

cpu vid start up 1.525

hit 2.88 on air stable. Ram is stock timings - not sure what to set with this mushkin xp4000.

If I go higher on the FSB: it hard locks in benchmarks. If I make the voltage 1.55 pc wont go to windows.

I have not altered ANY other settings, so If I should be, plz let me know :)

Also, memory says ddr400 when I boot up. Package says ddr500?!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I been benchingwith this. (Water Cooling)

202fsb@15x =3030

HT@ 5x

pc3200 w/Ram@1/1

1.45vcore

2.85vdimm

Without overclocking my gpu. First of all my GeForce 6800Gt's Are lame benchers now with all the new cards out. So my goal right now is to see what i can do with the cpu and ram. Until i can get some new GPU's.

Im on air though!

hmmm, I have my htt at 3x? If I changed it to 5, would that help me reach higher?

Everyone seems to go a different route (10x, 12x, 14, 16x etc)

Is there a method to this, or just trial and error? thx

No, it needs to be at 4 or less. Remember, fsb*2*ldt < 2000 else you are not stable, so setting fsb at 240 and ldt at 5 would maker 2400 in the above equation, so it would be unstable.

Try playing around with the cpu multi. See how Duke got his to 3ghz with hardly touching the fsb...he set his cpu multi to 15x.

I think you may be getting a little confused about fsb and cpu multi as well. LDT ranges from 1x through to 5x. Cpu multi will go from 4x through 15x I think for FX60.

The cooling you're on won't make a difference to the performance until you start upping the voltage.

The idea is to keep your Ht around 2000 or less. sooo..

240fsb X 5xht x2= 2400 Not Good

See how that done?

i Have 202fsb X 5ht x2= 2020 workable a bit higher but it will run benches

you are running 240fsb X 3x HT x2= 1440 thats low but thats not a bad thing. You could go to 4x but changing that does not increase your benches or your speed. Ht's do not improve your speed. Only Multis. FSB. ram can do that.

It really is a trial and error process and most every setup runs differently. But there are basic guidlines that you should adhere to.

You should definately read the Overclocking guide in these forums.

Edit: BTW the stock multi on the FX 60 is 13 and FSB is 200 yes i had to edit cause i forgot the 2x. I do that all the time.

There are so many combinations. You have to mess with it man. Just keep an eye on your temps. 200fsb @ 14x with 5x ht =2800 is a common one. Im not sure about your ram. Just keep it on a 1/1 divider till you play further. If you raise your fsb over 200 on a 1/1 divider you will automatically overclock you ram.

BTW 1.5 vcore is alot for this cpu at that low speed. Stock ratings are 1.34-1.45 i believe. I run mine on 1.45 when im at 3.0 ghz.

FX60 Default Stock settings are. 1.34 vcore, 13x multi, 200fsb= 2.6ghz, 5xht

Look at the thread below on FX60 to 3mhz....I had to lower the FSB and keep multi at 13. Then I had to use a Positive divider on my ram 7-6 to get that up to speed. I did little cpu voltage OCing...1.52 with the 109%special. It seemed to not affect my top FSB. Put the LDT on auto then look in ntune and see what the AUTO is. Mine keeps going to X5 at 227X13...2952. I COULD NOT go higher than 2880 with a lower FSB mulit...I can't do say 290X10....This also put my RAM WAY over the top. I went with highest CPU and a hair off ram performance. My benches are VERY good so ZI will leave it there. Temps are pretty good as well. 51 at highest load..Prime. Uusally CPU in mid 40's with gaming. Take this for what it's worth but I have rock solid settings and good voltages and such. I will post some screenies later.

Look at the thread below on FX60 to 3mhz....I had to lower the FSB and keep multi at 13. Then I had to use a Positive divider on my ram 7-6 to get that up to speed. I did little cpu voltage OCing...1.52 with the 109%special. It seemed to not affect my top FSB. Put the LDT on auto then look in ntune and see what the AUTO is. Mine keeps going to X5 at 227X13...2952. I COULD NOT go higher than 2880 with a lower FSB mulit...I can't do say 290X10....This also put my RAM WAY over the top. I went with highest CPU and a hair off ram performance. My benches are VERY good so ZI will leave it there. Temps are pretty good as well. 51 at highest load..Prime. Uusally CPU in mid 40's with gaming. Take this for what it's worth but I have rock solid settings and good voltages and such. I will post some screenies later.

sounds a little confusing (just starting out)

thx!

There are so many combinations. You have to mess with it man. Just keep an eye on your temps. 200fsb @ 14x with 5x ht =2800 is a common one. Im not sure about your ram. Just keep it on a 1/1 divider till you play further. If you raise your fsb over 200 on a 1/1 divider you will automatically overclock you ram.

BTW 1.5 vcore is alot for this cpu at that low speed. Stock ratings are 1.34-1.45 i believe. I run mine on 1.45 when im at 3.0 ghz.

FX60 Default Stock settings are. 1.34 vcore, 13x multi, 200fsb= 2.6ghz, 5xht

thx will keep trying