Radeon 9800 Pro

GmAz

I just ordered a 128 mb pro. Will i really miss the extra 128 mb the 256 offers. I do plan on oc'ing it, but I am happpy with my GF4 128 Ti4200, and I plan on getting 1 gig of ram soon enough, but will i really notice the difference with HL2 or anything? (I am sorry this is not in quite the right forum. BUt you OC guys are way smarter than other rooms). :ph34r:

I just ordered a 128 mb pro. Will i really miss the extra 128 mb the 256 offers. I do plan on oc'ing it, but I am happpy with my GF4 128 Ti4200, and I plan on getting 1 gig of ram soon enough, but will i really notice the difference with HL2 or anything? (I am sorry this is not in quite the right forum. BUt you OC guys are way smarter than other rooms). :ph34r:

there hasnt been one game out there that the 256mb made a single difference. and when there is one that utilizes 256mb the 9800 will be too outdated, its really amazying that ppl even buy it.

With the 256 chip, the memmory speeds are slower so you cant realy OC it like you could a 128 chip. Besids the bandwith is cut down so you lose over all speed. You wouldent realy need 256 for any game anyways. The 128 is a better option for speed and Ocing. The way I see it is the 265 chip is a waste of money.