WTB: Video card under $200

goldfires

Hey there... I'm helping a friend put together a cheap system for his kid. I'm looking for a graphics card $200 (CDN) or less. I want the best bang for my buck.

Suggestions?

I just read reviews on the X800 GTO 2... only $225 but when unlocked and OC'd, it is benchmarking like an X850 XT. Unreal....

So you want a card that is sli capable - then Ihave no idea cuz i never interested in them...

By the way, dont pay $225 to gto2 - I sold mine to a canadian fellow for $220 including card + vf700cu + global express mail - 2 weeks ago

Its value is around $160-$175...

So you want a card that is sli capable - then Ihave no idea cuz i never interested in them...

By the way, dont pay $225 to gto2 - I sold mine to a canadian fellow for $220 including card + vf700cu + express mail.

Its value is around $160-$175...

No no... sorry, that was an irrelivant comment. I was just saying, "wow, that's a hell of a deal... if it ran SLI, I'd scoop it for myself :P".

About the GTO2... It's actually 240 where I buy my parts from.... and they have the cheapest prices around (locally). Where the heck can I pick one up for 165???

well check out:

1) dfi-street's for sale forum

2) anandtech's for sale forum

3) hardforum's for sale forum

Beware of the fake sellers, check people's heatware/ebay referrals before buying anything, open a paypal account - make your account verified, start buying/selling :)

It's fun!

PS: forgot to mention ebay (i sold mine there)

Yeah... I just learned that the hard way. UnionFlip on our forums here (Adam Brewer) just ripped me off. I bought a 74GB Raptor Feb. 2nd. The money transferred via pay pal on the 13th.... I've yet to see my package. This guy is a complete moron. Please beware.

Thanks for the info though! :)

Paypal wont refund the money unless you buy there buyer protection. I got ripped off $475.00 last summer on ebay for a 7800gtx and the only reason I got my money back was becasue paypal will pressure the guy. You just got to keep on them. It took like three weeks before I finally got my money back for the guy. Long story short just buy things brand new from retail stores even if it costs more saving 10 dollars on a video card isnt worth the 500 you can get ripped of for. :rolleyes: