Quick power supply question

Came home today from out of town and my computer no longer turns on. It's worked great for about 6 months, but I know I went cheap on the PSU and would have to shell out for a new one sooner or later. Before I do, just wanted to see if anything else OTHER than the PSU could be causing my problems. Here's the situation: Yellow LED does still come on, but when I press either the case power button or the mobo power button, I get no red diagnostic LED's, no nothing. Is this definitely caused by my PSU? If so, anyone have any recommendations on a new PSU for my rig? I'm willing to shell out the cash to avoid any future problems. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

OCZ PowerStream 520, Alot, and I mean Alot here have them and they are very trustworthy and have a nice warranty too! 5 Years!! Look around Ive seen them for under $120 but I just looked real quick and $134.99 is the lowest I see!

i noticed, according to occt, on my modstream the voltages drop a bit on all the rails EXCEPT for the cpu voltage, its ALWAYS rock stable. the 12v line drops from about 12.2 to around 12.1 at full load. never below 12 volts though, and the 3, 5 volt rails drop a bit as well, but never under 3, or 5 respectivly. i a-s-s-u-m-e thats normal with most psu units?

If you are not even getting power to the board, no lights, then I would say yes! Plus I hear many times its after the system has been off for a time, they blow when you turn them on. I would say yes as long as you have checked in diffent outlet and such.

Awesome...thanks again. I will definitely get either the Powerstream or Modstream. My hesitation was because I thought something else may be to blame because the yellow LED still came on, but you guys have calmed my fears. Greatly appreciated!

Your yellow is on? Hum? I didn't relize that. Of course it still could be bad, and on top of that you really should have at least 480wt PSU anyhow. Im not too sure now, but if you cant even get a post and no activity with the red LED's then pretty sure thats the case! I know there is a way to jump a PSU without a MoBo to check it out. Just cant remember where I saw it. Do a google on it you may want to at least try that first. Sorry

i had almost the same problem, then upgraded to OCZ Powerstream 520 and it was fine. I heard from Angry that Aspire and Antec shouldn't ever be used, they cause more problems than anyhting.