Which Lan Connection

As we know... a whole bunch of us own the A7N8X motherboard...I am riding high on that bandwagon too! I love it...

Nutty question... if I only use one LAN coonection, does it matter which one?

the 3COM or nVidia LAN connection?

is one better, faster, stronger, able to leap taller buildings??

any thoughts

Humbly awaiting your insights

I use the nvidia port myself but it doesnt really matter. Besides, if you want to use the 3com port you have to install the drivers for it and stuff. I recomend just going into the bios and turning one of them off so you dont have to worry about it. Then again, its all up to you :unsure:

I use the nvidia port myself but it doesnt really matter. Besides, if you want to use the 3com port you have to install the drivers for it and stuff. I recomend just going into the bios and turning one of them off so you dont have to worry about it. Then again, its all up to you :unsure:

I have been using the 3Com and the other has been turned off... I run my systems all through a router.. so I don't need 2 right now.. was just curious.. thanks!

I have been using the 3Com and the other has been turned off... I run my systems all through a router.. so I don't need 2 right now.. was just curious.. thanks!

If you run all your systems off a router, I suggest using both ports. Run two cables from your router into your computer, that way your network doesnt bottleneck the internet at vice versa! B)

Why would he want to run 2 cables (which are part of the same network I assume) into his computer, how can 1 cable be a bottleneck please explain DevilMB3017

I know when you have multiple computers on a network with browsing multiple pages,d/ling files and playing online games all at the same time can result in slower transfers.

I read somewhere that the nvidia port was actually better than the 3com (sorry no link i read this a while ago), so thas the one i use.

Yes, the Nvidia ports are better for online gaming. Nvidia had optimized it to lower latency, which means better PING. Use the Nvidia drivers if you game, the 3com port is only good if you want to use the computer as a router, or if you have gigabit ethernet.