I just recived my new 4800+, and it stops at 2800Mhz=(

I was thinking it could go 2900-3000Mhz

I should have saved some more money and go with the FX60 insted

but that i to late now.

I just recived my new 4800+, and it stops at 2800Mhz=(

I was thinking it could go 2900-3000Mhz

I should have saved some more money and go with the FX60 insted

but that i to late now.

Or for 1/3 of the cost of your 4800+, you could have bought an opty 146 and hit 2.9Ghz - 3.0Ghz :P Bwa ha...

Hitting 2900mhz on air is very impressive, you had your hopes way too high for using air.

I supose so, it´s my last opty 146 that makes my hope go to high on every processor, it was a hell of a oc.

i guess i should be happy with 2800MHz on my new 4800+

I supose so, it´s my last opty 146 that makes my hope go to high on every processor, it was a hell of a oc.

i guess i should be happy with 2800MHz on my new 4800+

You could try switching out the 9500 fan and putting in, I believe it is 92mm fan?, a high end CFM like a vantec or panaflo at the cost of a lot of noise.

You could try switching out the 9500 fan and putting in, I believe it is 92mm fan?, a high end CFM like a vantec or panaflo at the cost of a lot of noise.

i think i will go with watercooling soon, i really want to hit 3GHz with this 4800+

Guest thespin

What you (and I) should have bought is an X2 processor at the low end, like the X2 3800+, and OCed to 2700+ghz ... oh well ...

What you (and I) should have bought is an X2 processor at the low end, like the X2 3800+, and OCed to 2700+ghz ... oh well ...

i have had a 3800+ before, and that stop around 2600MHz.

But u are right, 830$ for 2800Mhz dualcore is to mutch, i sholud have buy the opteron 170 or 175 instedd.

Hi

There have been plenty of threads on this forum about the 4800+ dual core and what people have achieved and where they have managed to get up to before they hit the max and that has been in the region of 2.6 - 2.8.

I did a lot of research before i got my 4800+ and knew what I wanted and what I was willing to 'put up with' in the process.

I am assuming that you must have known the limits of this CPU before you purchased it and as such to say that you are disappointed at only being able to reach 2.8 on air is somewhat surprising.

I am on water and so far the best that I have managed is 2.65 and I am happy with that as I know that would be in the right area. I am looking to try and get more but I am alos realistic about what i can possibly achive.

Personally I would be very happy to achieve 2.8 on air and perhaps you should explain more throughly what you have done so far so those who are thinking of getting a 4800+ and will be using air can see what you have done.

It may be useful to many people.

Hi

There have been plenty of threads on this forum about the 4800+ dual core and what people have achieved and where they have managed to get up to before they hit the max and that has been in the region of 2.6 - 2.8.

I did a lot of research before i got my 4800+ and knew what I wanted and what I was willing to 'put up with' in the process.

I am assuming that you must have known the limits of this CPU before you purchased it and as such to say that you are disappointed at only being able to reach 2.8 on air is somewhat surprising.

I am on water and so far the best that I have managed is 2.65 and I am happy with that as I know that would be in the right area. I am looking to try and get more but I am alos realistic about what i can possibly achive.

Personally I would be very happy to achieve 2.8 on air and perhaps you should explain more throughly what you have done so far so those who are thinking of getting a 4800+ and will be using air can see what you have done.

It may be useful to many people.

Yes i know u guys are right about this, i was expecting to much of this cpu.

Thats only becous i put my opty 146 directly from the box up to 3GHz only using 1,5v.

I will keep this new 4800+ no mather what, i can´t aford a new cpu for along time now.

And as u say, 2800MHz is not bad on air.