Sign in to follow this  
vrodforums

Which core fails prime first?

Core 0 has to deal with more heat imo. I can run it for 8+ hours on [email protected] 44C but if I run both cores, it goes to 48C then core 0 fails in 3 to 90 minutes. I think they somewhat equally strong, just one has to deal with more then the other maybe due to positioning.

As long as 1 core fails, you can still give it more (sane amounts ofcourse) Vcore to keep up with the other. My X2 3800+ it was Core 0, now on my X2 4400+ it's core 1 that is the weakest link.

core 1 runs at:

11 * 220 @ 1.400V

11 * 230 @ 1.475V

10 * 250 @ 1.450V

10 * 260 @ 1.550V

Just like the others, Core o keeps running....

i just found out my core 1 is the weaker one -

i have sp2004 running now on both cores - about 5 hours now - going for 8 hours and i hope thats enough to say its stable -- i only have it at stock cpu with ddr500 memory settings and fsb220 for now -

but on my x2 4200 its core 1 -- its behind in the tests - each test has about 4 or 5 tests and then moves to the next tests -- core 1 is about 3 tests behind - core 0 -- i have stock volts - but i never installed the MS hotfix - wonder if that would help the weaker core - ?

bottom line --

core 0 is stonger

core 1 weaker

could it be that one core is weaker because the system is being used at the time of testing ?

i mean i cant just sit there and do nothing for 8 hours - so i browse and used AOL for a short while - but mostly just browsing -- i did use dvdshrink also for one dvd -

so could it be that one core is taking the hit from using the computer while testing ?

Guest shaolin95

Core 1 fails but Core 0 seems to be rock solid but I havent check how far it can go...no point to do it.

yesterday it was core 1 that was weaker but today i upped my fsb to 223 from 220 - and running stress test and it shows that core 0 is a little behind now ?

i cant say just yet for sure - its only been 50 mins running - but this is how core 1 was -- and it was weaker yesterday --

so there may be other factors involved that makes a certain core weaker at the time of testing -

i usually browse at the same time and download etc. as i test - so that may be a factor

its interesting to know what your doing on the computer at the time of testing the cores --