Kds Monitor

jedi155

hi,

I bought a new monitor the other day because my philips kicked the bucket and this monitor a KDS 17 inch, X-Treme Flat is pretty good but the problem I'm having is at the top of the screen it bends and I don't know if it's my video card or the monitor and i did take it back to get the same model.

<_<

kds were usually not the best monitors back in the day. however I've not seen one in years so it's hard to say they're total crap... I'm sure like many other companies they've been bought out by now.

I have had about 5 computers both aluminium and steel cases right next to them and never had a prob.

My dad has a 19 inch kds xtreme flat and it doesnt have that prob so i dunno maybe a bad one?

Is that type of monitor an invar-shadow mask (the other one is "aperture grille" or more commonly known as Sony Trinitron)?

Because of the way the screen is made to give the appearance of a flat surface and a bit of optics, flat invar CRTs inherently carry some vertical pincushioning... while it's possible to minimize them, usually only the best monitors will display little geometrical distortion.