Xp Pro Boot Problems

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should try just leaving the Hard Drive connected and disconnect everything else like floppy and CD drive. I tried adding too many Cd drives and upon putting the last one in it would freeze at the windows loading screen. disconnecting the druve made it work properly so maybe my power supply wasn't strong enbough or something but try it

Before you start any installation I think you ought to make some adjustments concerning the voltage for the processor:

- Since you're not running any OC system yet change CPU VID StartUp Value to 1.35 - 1.40 (right now you're giving it to much; this is as it reads a start up value, not what will be in affect when your operating system takes over)

- Increase CPU VID Control to 1.35

- Set CPU VID Special Control to 104 %

Your CPU voltage settings are a bit strange, so next time you enter BIOS do this changes, please.

hmm when i put a cd in the cd drive on boot mode it did restart... its an idea, as soon as mem test is done i will have a look. I dont see the problem being my psu cause of the quality and wattage etc, i only have 1 cd drive connected, and no floppy drive, still ill explore any possibility.

Before you start any installation I think you ought to make some adjustments concerning the voltage for the processor:

- Since you're not running any OC system yet change CPU VID StartUp Value to 1.35 - 1.40 (right now you're giving it to much; this is as it reads a start up value, not what will be in affect when your operating system takes over)

- Increase CPU VID Control to 1.35

- Set CPU VID Special Control to 104 %

Your CPU voltage settings are a bit strange, so next time you enter BIOS do this changes, please.

I will do

hmm when i put a cd in the cd drive on boot mode it did restart...

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but every time you make some changes i BIOS and save&exit the system will repost. That's normal proceedure. But maybe you had something else in mind.

Perfect your memory seem to work then!

Installation finished.... and tbh im back to the begining, safe mode boots.... normal doesnt im seriously losing my cool, anyone got any help they could offer, jst as an update:

ive run mem test 5 and 8 as suggested, both 11 passes no errors, a harddrive test, which passed. i then did a fresh installation of xp and still wont load in normal, only safe mode. my bios settings as they currently are, are above. help me please *cries* :P

Set your DRAM Responce time to auto.. or the lowest settings. You memory may not be able to handle the faster responce times

And try setting TRC to 14 and TRFC to 16

What are the options for your "DRAM Drive strength" and your DRAM DATA DRIVE STRENGTH?