Xp Pro Boot Problems

Got my new build all set up, which consists of my sig. Installing windows Xp Pro, thinking yer... smooth so far, when it finished went through setting it up then upon restart the load up screen for XP professional came up loaded and jst as it said applying settings to go to the logon screen a blue system error screen flash on and as quickly as it had come on it had gone and my system had rebooted. I let it run through again and on the XP load up screen it froze for a second and then rebooted, i chose to go to safe mode and it booted all the way and allowed me to get into safe mode and i thought ok normal mode requires more gfx, ill install the drivers, restarted computer loaded up optimal defaults in the bios saved and exited booted up pc and same thing occured, got to the xp pro load up screen and it froze and rebooted . i then formatted and reinstalled windows, and tried again, still had the same problem, i tried a repair, problem still occured. Will some1 please help before i go on a mass murder rampage.

Cheers in advance

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because very very few get memory running right with default settings, and if you build with out following the guide ,your in for a world of pain. Take my world for it follow the guide, as people that build comps for a living have problems when they don't follow the guide.