Another one

random_ocer

I got rid of my asus sli-deluxe and got a lanparty UT ultra-D. This is my first dfi board and im having trouble ocing w/ out getting errors in prime 95. I managed to get my 3500+ (clawhammer) stable at 2.5ghz on my asus, now i took it to 230 HTT on this board and im getting errors in prime95 after about 30sec. Tried higher vcore (1.65) and ive also tried bringing it down to 225 HTT, same thing.

Im using dif ram now than what i had with my asus, 2 gb crucial "value" so i have to use a divider of 9/10.

Can someone tell me what ive done wrong?

Thanks

well of ocourse using diff ram will affect the oc. use a program like cpu-z and find out what freq your ram is running with that divider. and the timings? what are you using? what voltage/type of ram you running? what ics they have? "value" ram is notorius for not being able to clock much over spec. esp 2 gig kit. try a dif divider or loosen your timings. maybe start with 2.5-4-4-8 and work your way around.

oh thats why it prompted me to make a sig, sry bout that. Says my ram is running at 194 with the divider. So i shouldnt have to loosen my timings right?

edit : vcore: 1.65

ram: 2.6v

I no value ram is crap for ocing, but my corsair xms died on me and i didnt have much of a choice from where i live.

only thing i see wrong is your psu is underpowered for the system your running. esp when you get into overclocking it draws more power. other than that your ram timings and speed look ok. it could be your wall for that proc too. esp after applying that much voltage.

psu is fine because the rails are stable, for some reason i had to go all the way to 1.75v (oppossed to 1.65v) on this board to get 2.5ghz no errors. I have a load of 50c now. One last question 230/ 10*9=207, why does cpu-z say 194? is it because of the divider?

psu is fine because the rails are stable, for some reason i had to go all the way to 1.75v (oppossed to 1.65v) on this board to get 2.5ghz no errors. I have a load of 50c now. One last question 230/ 10*9=207, why does cpu-z say 194? is it because of the divider?

Nobody wants you to feel bad about your PSU. But the fact is you might be limited in OC. There's just a few amps before you out of power. Sometimes you have to be reasonable when it comes to expectations.

CPU-Z might not be able to exactly register core speed, or it might fluctuate a bit between boots. You'll see the same thing when you run Memtest from bios. What you calculated might differ some 1 - 5 mhz.

Edit: Be careful in how much VCORE you use. 1.75 might not be very healthy. Have you read the "AMD overclocking guide"? There's some good advice, for example when it comes to LDT/FSB ratio.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823

lol im not feeling bad about it, i just dont think thats the issue because i did 2.5ghz fine on 1.65v w/ my asus, maybe this board takes up more power. Anyway thanks for the replies guys, i guess im stuck on 2.5ghz unless i get some better cooling or if its the psu. Ive read that guide and 1.75v was the max he reccommended for clawhammer's so im good, get 48-52 temps, ill prob just bring it down to 1.7v and 2.4ghz.

I have my ldt at 3x.