Bud Of Mine Is Having Fun...UT 250GB...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you misunderstood me.

i said that i didn't take the mem timigs page off defualt except for tuning it to 2-2-2-10-1T. if i took the other setting off AUTO, THEN it got unstable.

do you see what i'm saying?

and, btw, 2950 DDR420 2-2-2-10-1T was my first 100% S&M, superPI 8mb, PCMark05, 3Dmark01 100% stable results.

TGM

You can pass S&M and fail OccT. You can pass OccT and Fail prime. Here on the street only thing excepted as stable is prime for 8 hours

Hey mistress nice clocks. If you're having any issues with the "Detecting RAID Array" screen or just instability in the OS itself, I've found that the major cause of this is due to the Max Async Latency and the Read Preamble time.

Since the values for stability change with different clock speeds I've found the Auto setting works well for both. Those are now the only two settings in the Genie BIOS that I leave on auto, and it's helped alleviate a lot of issues for me. I hope it helps you the same way. Good Luck. :)

thanx cmay119,

yah, every so often i get the Detecting nvraid IDE thing. like i was trying say before with my first screenie is that i'm not familiar enought yet with all those timings. altho some i am, coming for the DFI nf2 UI mono. what i've done is given either the vcore or vmem a bump in voltage and it goes away.

i leave everything on auto except:

CPC enabled

everything else i leabe on AUTO, and i know thats holding me back some.

i tried several setting from the 754 Database both stock and OC'd and they only made things worse for me. another thing is that if i move my ram areound it gets unstale. i have to have them in DIMM Slots 1 & 2 or i might as well give up. that with my inexpreience with the nfe3 chipset/mem settings is prolly cuasing my overclock to be lower than i could get if i was fluent with these settings.

just give me time and maby some help and i'll get caught up to the proficient nf3 users.

TGM

Don't mean to get off topic but the Detecting RAID Array screen always gets me when I have usb keyboard support enabled in bios so I keep it disabled and have a regular keyboard hooked up on the side.

it does it to me even tho i have my mouse and K/B in PS/2 mode and usb for K/B Mouse disabled. i have a feeling it's a combonation of the placement of my ram sticks and the entire page of chipset/mem settings. lmao

TGM

it does it to me even tho i have my mouse and K/B in PS/2 mode and usb for K/B Mouse disabled. i have a feeling it's a combonation of the placement of my ram sticks and the entire page of chipset/mem settings. lmao

TGM

I know there is other reasons for it to get you.

I just meant that was one of em. smh

yah, this is only my third day running this system. i've never ran an A64 system b4. i got to know the timings and affects of thier settings on my DFI NF2 Infinity mobo, but there are a lot more settings in here, for both chipset and memory.

i've got to teach myself all about these settings, and having OCD, i'll get-er-done, lol

welp, i'm running fine at 3200mhz, no crashing, running 8mb SuperPI using my computer in an everyday type use and it seems fine. the Idle temps are about 3C over defualt core frequency and full load under S&M's FPU 100% load test is only 10C more than stock. geez i love my waterchill h20

next up is the tweaking for stability. learning the settings, that'll take some time, as like i was saying i'm not familiar with most of them.

but here's a screenie anyway :)

A64 5200 can you imagine? yup it's fast.

<<<3200mhz-DDR610 HT Bus-DDR460 2.0-2-2-10-1T Mem Bus>>>

3200_305HTBus_DDR460MEM_CBI%20MBM.gif

thanx cmay119,

yah, every so often i get the Detecting nvraid IDE thing. like i was trying say before with my first screenie is that i'm not familiar enought yet with all those timings. altho some i am, coming for the DFI nf2 UI mono. what i've done is given either the vcore or vmem a bump in voltage and it goes away.

i leave everything on auto except:

CPC enabled

everything else i leabe on AUTO, and i know thats holding me back some.

i tried several setting from the 754 Database both stock and OC'd and they only made things worse for me. another thing is that if i move my ram areound it gets unstale. i have to have them in DIMM Slots 1 & 2 or i might as well give up. that with my inexpreience with the nfe3 chipset/mem settings is prolly cuasing my overclock to be lower than i could get if i was fluent with these settings.

just give me time and maby some help and i'll get caught up to the proficient nf3 users.

TGM

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't seem that there's a real fine science to these Newarks. Just adjust timings to something that may be a little loose at first and gradually start tightening the timings, that's all I can say to really do.

Once you get more familiar with the advance memory timings it will become a lot easier to go in a just tweak a couple things to regain stability. Have fun with the new chip. :)

Yeah, unfortunately it doesn't seem that there's a real fine science to these Newarks. Just adjust timings to something that may be a little loose at first and gradually start tightening the timings, that's all I can say to really do.

Once you get more familiar with the advance memory timings it will become a lot easier to go in a just tweak a couple things to regain stability. Have fun with the new chip. :)

yup, agreed. i didn't nor would i ever, expect to just throw decent hardware together and have it overclocking like the "pros"

i've been doing this type of tweaking and overclocking for 11 years now, so i understand what you're saying

TGM

Whoever try's the most settings wins?
welp, i've got my dfi nf3, x800, and pump on RMA, anyone know how long it'll take?

dfi nf3 and x800 from newegg and pump is thru frozencpu/asetek

just a guestimation on time. i've never had to RAM anything before. i've returned products but never RMA anything. *sighs*

TGM