Angry's Blog of Doom (or idiocy....take your pick)

Angry_Games

Ovechkin is going to be a BIG star in the NHL

bigger than Crosby and Staal and every other player

this kid loves to play, loves to win, and once he gets surrounded with players who want to win and have some skill (the Caps either have no skilled players besides him or just don't have a good coach...I can't tell which) you are going to see just how seriously good he is.

on top of that, the kid can pass and the kid can damn sure check someone into the boards with tremendous power (and his feet...man can he move them feets and avoid checks and pokechecks!)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you forgot the best accalade....

This year he scored the sickest goal ever seen in the NHL....PERIOD

I can honestly say I have never seen anything that even comes close...other than the sprawling goal and the pass like Ovechkin's shot by Bobby Orr.

There is no doubt in my mind he is the best player in the league this year. As a Ranger fan, I still can't say it is Jagr, because this kid represents everything good about the game....and boy can he hit for a sniper.

yep that goal was SICK SICK SICK!!!

never seen anything like it

I like Crosby, the kid can pass and shoot, but he's too emotional (in the wrong ways) and is going to get tagged as a whiner/crybaby unless he toughens up and realizes that he just isn't special now that he is the NHL...and he isn't going to get the special treatment he got in junior

as for Jagr...the guy is definitely good, but I don't think he's ever going to be able to ditch the the "lazy" title that he has earned in the last few years

maybe though...who knows...but I don't think anyone is going to be as good as Ovechkin except for maybe Staal...Staal is one seriously awesome kid also, and what makes him even better than Ovechkin at the moment is that he is surrounded by extremely skilled players like Brind'Amour, Stillman, Cole, Hedican, etc.

Very true...the Caps are very weak...they better build a team around him or he will be packing his bags like Jagr did.

Since we are talking about my favorite subject...I was wondering what one must do for an avatar....I have a great one related to our great game.

Very true...the Caps are very weak...they better build a team around him or he will be packing his bags like Jagr did.

Since we are talking about my favorite subject...I was wondering what one must do for an avatar....I have a great one related to our great game.

you should read the avatar thread (and the RULES of the FORUM lol)

I'm pretty sure that the Caps will be able to build the right team around the kid...the salary cap will definitely help ensure that everyone is on a level playing field, and with the new rules...it will only take a season or 3 for us to know whether or not it is the talent of the team that is lacking or the coaching that is lacking

i mean, look at the Preds...they really don't have a lot of superstar talent (Kariya and Vokoun and that's about it) but they are like teh Fin team...they are a TEAM and they damn sure play like a team

I also know that the Caps are probably not so weak in skills as they are in experience...they are such a very young team and have called up a LOT of young talent from their farm teams (just like the Pens have) so maybe by next year they'll have some good chemistry together ;)

Travis, your card goes out on Monday for sure! Hopefully you'll get it by Friday.

Also, just wondering...how do you come up with what we should get as our avatars? It's so crazy sometimes. I've had just weird ones. But this one now just tops them! :shake:

haha

read the avatar thread

i finally got rid of that weak avatar for ya and gave you a killer one ;)

I just come up with them based...well just read the last few posts of the avatar thread (minus CPDMF and wangerin yakkin like hens about some damn cpu overclock heh)

If you look at every team...emphasizing team....most of the teams doing well this year are young, talented, and play as a cohesive unit. Ottawa, Nashville, Carolina...even the Rangers to even my suprise. Phili is the only exception..but they are really stacked with talent.

Looking forward to the second half of the season....and really miss the goose bumps of the playoffs...been going through withdrawl.

If you look at every team...emphasizing team....most of the teams doing well this year are young, talented, and play as a cohesive unit. Ottawa, Nashville, Carolina...even the Rangers to even my suprise. Phili is the only exception..but they are really stacked with talent.

Looking forward to the second half of the season....and really miss the goose bumps of the playoffs...been going through withdrawl.

Lets Go Rangers.... Lundquist gets'em the Gold

Dont Hate Me AG

I'm not hateful

I'm sad that the Fins didn't win the gold =(

but I am glad that the Swedes did, and that they played the Fins for the gold

both were EXCELLENT teams...and they played as TEAMS which means that they both deserved to be there

Lundy is a killer goalie that is going to force Weekes to be the backup I think

I'm not hateful

I'm sad that the Fins didn't win the gold =(

but I am glad that the Swedes did, and that they played the Fins for the gold

both were EXCELLENT teams...and they played as TEAMS which means that they both deserved to be there

Lundy is a killer goalie that is going to force Weekes to be the backup I think

Honestly those where Awesome games to watch, The bigger Ice makes a Huge difference.

As far as Weekes, I like'em becuse he's a good team player. But he'd make great trade bait Becuse of Montoya progress.

And for the Devil's. I'm a Die hard Rangers fan(bleed Ranger Blue), so lets just say I'm happy they no Longer Own us.

IMHO the loss of Stevens and Niedermayer, has made Brodeur play on his head.

But gotta love Gionta