mic help

ok i got mic to work in both the front and rear audio jacks but it is always on, so i always hear myself breath over the speakers.....any suggestions?? i've been working on this for two weeks

Well atleast your mic works! Alot of people have problems with the mic, and get no help (maybe because there is nothing anyone can do?), including me, and I've had the problem since I first tried plugging in the mic, about a month ago. I even bought a new mic to rule that out.

You said you have it working in front and rear jacks...but I thought there was only 1 input for it? Hmm..maybe I'll have to look again, and maybe mine will atleast work in the other one.

well i have a front audio jack on the front of my case, i moved the vcc line to the mic right, since i had only one mic line in from the case and not a left and right mic its working now just always on sometimes it makes a loud squell which is very annoying, i'm just playing around now wondering if case is wired wrong.... works in sound recorder perfectly....damn thing is just always on

well i have a front audio jack on the front of my case, i moved the vcc line to the mic right, since i had only one mic line in from the case and not a left and right mic its working now just always on sometimes it makes a loud squell which is very annoying, i'm just playing around now wondering if case is wired wrong.... works in sound recorder perfectly....damn thing is just always on

does the windows volume control - mic mute button not work?

Did you really wait 7 whole minutes before complaining about lack of help?

My mic's got a mute switch. I launch a game, un-mute it, and let whatever game I'm playing manage the mic. No problems whatsoever. Of course, that's just my setup, and YMMV.

finally i got my mic to work properly.......i disabled the onboard in bios and bought an audigy sound blaster 4...hooked it up and from the get go it worked perfectly.....i may be stupid but i would say the onboard module sucks for the dfi, and notice noone on the board offers any help for the mic problem, that might tell you something,

• 5 weeks later...

sorry to bump this up the list but i have found how to possibly fix this issue having had the same problem with a non working mic

Under Master Control Panel for sound (dbl click the windows sound icon)

if not already shown hit Options>Advanced Settings

this should give you a extra button called Advanced under the master volume control

click that button!

there should be two check boxes

1. Rear Speakers connected to Line in

2. Center speaker and subwoofer connected to Microphone

Uncheck the 2nd option

this will return control of the mic plug so that it can be used as a mic plug :nod:

Hope this helps

this was tested on the DFI Lanparty UT nF4 SLI-DR eXpert board. Happy talking

also to stop talking to yourself thro the mic under the main page in the Master control panel the initial screen shows all play back options (eg sound played thro the speakers) should be a listing of the mic if you mute this it will stop play back of the mic input. If the option is not there you can add it via the Options>properties and selecting the mic to be displayed.