Need help with Mushkin4000 Timings

Strangelove

am trying to find the best timing I can achieve at the following MHZ if someone can help for the DFI Expert.

250-260

260-270

270-285

Here is a link to the 1GB x 2 sticks I have:

http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?ID=273

I have been ripping my hair out trying to get this rig stable on the memory end.

Here are my system specs:

Opteron175 (Will run at 2.75-2.8Ghz Stable)

DFI SLI Expert

PCP&C 510ASL

I know this has been debated time and time again, but is there going to be a performance difference at lower timings at 250MHz or looser at 280MHz?

The purpose of this rig is solely for gaming.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

I was looking at getting the same RAM as you so I will be keen to hear how you get on.

You could try using A64 Tweaker to give you a starting point but after that it will be a case of testing each value in each part to see if works better or worse. The A64 should give you a reasonable starting point.

I have found that the TRC and TRFC values seems to be playing a big part in getting my Expert to boot, so keep a record of which settings will boot your system as you will find that you become an expert on how to clear your CMOS when your new settings fail to boot the system.

No real quick solution for these sticks at the moment as they are new (i think) so unless you are happy with optimised defaults for the time being ...

You can read up on drive strength in the "definitive overclocking guide" sticky or pdf. It is in the Bios section in the last quarter of the document which explains all the ram settings. I'd give you an exact page number but i'm not on my computer right now.