i really need help :(

Guest DrAgO_merged

Hey people,

Ive been trying to get my old computer working... its a compaq heap of !@#$. anyway i wont bother adding the specs cause it isnt really important in my situation.

Ok for the last 1 week ive been having problems such as...

1. Windows will completey crash and restart.

2. Since this has been happening i cannot Press Alt Ctrl Del

3. I cannot use msconfig or any of the quick run services..

4. I cannot installa virus scanner.

5. Computer is very slow.

I have reason to beleive its a virus but i really cant do anything to resolve this or even at least find a free virus scanner that works.

Any suggestions?

P.s i wanna avoid formatting because i dont have any cd's to load all my music back onto them.

Yeah i can access it in safe mode alrite.. its just directly in windows and it has XP pro:

566mhz celeron cpu

256mb sd ram 20 gig hard drive

1 burner

1 normal cd reader

Dont no motherboard

on board sound and video..

it has no troubles running XP.

566mhz celeron cpu

256mb sd ram 20 gig hard drive

1 burner

1 normal cd reader

Dont no motherboard

on board sound and video..

And you can run windwos fine wow that is not much memory windows witll use all that and more.

I would go into safe mode and run a virus check and malware check. Then unload every prgram that you do not use or at least remove it from the start menue. That really is barly enough memory for windows worse with onboard video. You dont have norton or some other resource hog in the back ground do you if so get something more effecent. I would also do a complete defrag more than once if using the stock windos one.

Well ive had XP running on this machine ever since XP came out, and ive not had one problem apart from the odd virus sneaking in :@. I can run warcraft perfectly fine and other programs in the background so i must have enough memory to process all this stuff?

--------------------------

Latest Update:

OK im running a bitdefender online scanner which is doing the job very well... ive got 17 identified virus and over 800 files infected but there either been cleaned or removed...

After this is complete im going to then defrag the poc *piece of crap* and see if i can make the alt ctrl del options work.. not to mension msconfig etc.

I advise taking it to a certified professional in your area. It's apparent that you didn't read the forum rules about posting your sig info and, from that, I gather that any directions posted here would be ignored as well. In any case, my only recommendation is to use the windows boot cd and use the automated system recovery.