Temp Readings.... True Or False?

Trev

HI ,

Last week I took the plunge and managed to get hold of a bargain, the Thermaltake Aquarius liquid cooler for

Temps you want to check are CPU core and chipset (if you have WC on it too),and the best way is to check bios.there will be a temp drop for shure but maybe not that much ;)

Even probes arent precise about temps cause they give you outside or near core temp,but some can be adjusted (using bios) to match the real temps,so you wont have to go bios every time you want to eye it

Edited by kobalt

And BIOS temps aren't really true either because the BIOS runs CPU at 100%.

other way around there. it's not using the cpu more than 1% if it's lucky. no gui, not doing anything with most pci/usb devices ect

what is the cpu doing while you're in the bios? not a whole hell of a lot. besides MOST bios readings are done by the thermistor probe under the socket, with air trapped under the cpu. trust me winodws puts more strain the cpu than you're bios does.

i myself purchased a digidoc, and am using the flat thermal sensors to get temps from the very edge of the cpu core, everyone will tell you thats a bad idea, and it is if not done properly, make sure that only he VERY tip of the thermal sensor is touching the core. i've been running like this for over a year now and no troubles, also doing the same thing for the MB Chipset, and GPU. Good luck

Edited by Faisal