Overclocking Issues

jrad77

Hey this is my first attempt at overclocking, and right off the bat im having issues. This is what I've done: CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio to 11x...my default, Ram Ratio to 1/2 100mhz, LDT/FSB to 3x, CPU voltage to 1.5, then i simply raised the HTT/FSB to 210mhz, and i can't boot into windows. I get to the logon screen and then get a blue screen of death that flashes for about a half second then it reboots. I allready read the definative guide to overclocking like 4 times over and at this point im just lost because I know my cpu isnt only overclockable to that point...

Also my system is totally stable, ive passed 10 hours of memtest, 34 hours of Prime 95, and SuperPI, and i also retested my computer with SuperPI after going back to my default settings after trying to overclock. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

you have droped the ram too low. you need to set it for 166 tfor the first set of testing. if you need more, go to 133. but at 100 the ram simply wont work properly, if at all. at 100, you would need your htt to be above 400mhz to make you ram run at stock speed, which at an 11x multi would mean your cpu is running at 4400mhz, which aint gonna happen.

allright ill try a smaller divider, i went to such a low one because thats what the guide said to use but im sure you guys know what your talking about...Ill get back to you later...probably much later cause the Patriots game is on : )...anyway thank you.

ok guys now im worried....new settings :CPU multi 11x, ram to 5/6 or 166, LDT/FSB - auto, FSB up to 210....same problem logon screen...then blue screen o death, reboot

but if i keep all those settings the same and only put the FSB up to 205....it boots and seems to be stable...why might be causing this...could it just be crappy overclocking RAM...even though im like not using the RAM at all at this point...cause im only trying to find the max for my CPU...thanks

im not sure what you mean lowboy...i just dl'd A64 tweaker, and none of them say "auto"...however none of them even have that as an option, so im not sure what you mean.

In bios when set to auto you dont know what is being set with A64 you can now see what is being set to see if adjustments need to be made also lets you post what settings you are running with out saying just auto just gives you more information to work with.