How do you monitor system health?

szurlo

244 members have voted

1. 1.

• Smartguardian
    • Speedfan
    • MBM5
    • Other software solution (specify in post)
    • Hardware solution like LCD or fan controller (specify in post)
    • I don't actively monitor system health

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The utility CD for my mobo doesn’t provide a system monitoring tool. My BIOS doesn’t provide any SHM features or readings either (no temps, volts or speeds). I also have not been able to find any freeware SHM program out there that supports my mobo. Since MBM is no longer being supported, I sent my system data to Alfredo at SpeedFan hoping for a Beta to test, but never heard back from him. So, I use a modest LCD thermal controller (Silverstone SST-FP52) that uses thermal probes. It provides environmental temp readings and fan control (I bypassed some of the fan speed controls), but I have no readily available way to know what my actual running fan speeds or voltages are. I manually meter volts when I feel I need to.

Hmonitor for the software part. since i have 2 psus (one for system, 1 for tornado, 1 92 mm, 7 80mm, 1 40mm and the front panel (lcd with 3 thermocouples)) working on a good fan controller (up to 2Amp per channel, 6 channel) and ADC modules for real current and voltage testing (using freescale's HC08GP32 and AZ60). phew.... in reality most of that hardware will go into my robot, but for the moment i'm using it in my rig.

MBM5 didn't work on my DAGF so I use nvidia monitorview which came with the mobo.

MBM5, regardless of settings and version, always gave me 0-17c temp for CPU. Seemed low for 2.6 GHz at 1.65v at load.

• 3 weeks later...