Check Out This Mod

I bought one of those pre-modded cases for like $40 and I've had a great time modding it. With the money I saved on the case I've been able to make it look really nice (imho :P). Yesterday I made it look a bit more unique, and a lot nicer. When I bought it came with an "X" through the middle of the window. i never understood why, because it only inhibited the amount of stuff you could see inside the case, so.. yesterday I cut it off.

Enough talking, check out these before and after pics:

before:

x.jpg

after:

nox.jpg

Tell me what you think.. as long as it is good. :P

GRrrr i hate people with clean wiring! It makes me feel bad.

Its really easy to clean them up man, just head out to an auto parts store and buy some split loom. I got two packs for $2.19 each. Then, just use some black zip ties on either end of each section of loom (only to keep the wires from coming out, don't sinch it down very much or you will make it look bad). Also, since I see that you are an AMD man like myself, you can cut off all the intel-specific wiring and hide it away inside the power supply itself. I did this and got ride of a lot of excess wiring. When you cut it off just be sure to elave enough room to solder them back on in case you ever buy an intel system. (heaven forbid). And then you can just heat shrink the tips of the wires, and slide them into the PSU.

Here is a picture of what I did with the wires:

edit:

very nice clean edges. Dremmel?

Actually I used a jigsaw. It took about 3 minutes and I didn't even need ti soend any time cleaning up the edges afterward :P

Edited by ravix

it's a really clean cut, congrats. but i don't understand why you would buy the x-window and then make it a regular square. why not just buy the square in the first place if you wanna go for that plain look? :P I got an x-windowed case (different one) because i wanted something other than the ordinary square, and i didn't have the tools (and am too lazy) to cut something unique. No offense to any of you guys, but i don't call a plain square side window unique. It's been done way too many times now. Make it a circle, an oval, a trapezoid, some odd squigly shape, anything but a square! :bah: