What the heck is an NA car?

Guest Redemption_merged

Guest Redemption

I was watching initial D fourth stage ep. 21 and Joushima Toushima was driving an

S2000. They were explaining how it was an incredible car and said that

"Even though its an NA, the F20-type engine pulls out 125 horsepower per liter"

I know what FF FR RR and mid-engine cars are. But i have never heard of an NA car before. What does it stand for? :confused:

FF FR RR does not mean mid engine. Mid engines cars like the MR2 or NSX are midengine (midship)

the engine is mounted directly behind the driver for a 50/50 weight split

When you see the s2000 thats a front-mid mounted car. with the engine mounted very close to the firewall to try and get a 50/50 split its really more of a 55/45

and please dont use initial D as a learning tool about cars.

Guest Redemption
FF FR RR does not mean mid engine. Mid engines cars like the MR2 or NSX are midengine (midship)

the engine is mounted directly behind the driver for a 50/50 weight split

When you see the s2000 thats a front-mid mounted car. with the engine mounted very close to the firewall to try and get a 50/50 split its really more of a 55/45

and please dont use initial D as a learning tool about cars.

Well yea, i knew that, i didnt mean to say that FF FR and RR meant mid ship. I know the differences :nod: thanks anyways. So what does naturally aspirated do to the car then? Wouldnt having a turbo or super help it out allot more?

Well yea, i knew that, i didnt mean to say that FF FR and RR meant mid ship. I know the differences :nod: thanks anyways. So what does naturally aspirated do to the car then? Wouldnt having a turbo or super help it out allot more?

It is like an air cooled CPU you expect more from a watercoold CPU same for cars with a turbo.

That ant noting my bike makes just shy of 200 HP from 1 leter even stock. Not bad for a Honda too bad Toyota doesnt make a true sportscar like the supra still. nothing wrong with the celeca except FWD.