Webcamera No Longer Working / Works on other comps

Win XP by default is set to applications. I have tried everything possible. Today moved camera to powered hub, still the same thing-no go. Everything appears to be normal from windows standpoint. Drivers are installed, no errors in the device manager, windows reports the device is working yet no images from the camera. I plug the camera into my labtop beside me and it works straight off. All my other USB devices are working, 4 USB Joysticks, keyboard, mouse, midi keyboard, track IR. I removed all USB except keybaord and mouse and still the camera won't function. I have moved the Camera to each USB port one at a time and each time it installed no problem but refuses to function. There are others with the Lanparty UT n4 boards who are experiencing the same thing. Their web cams won't function. Please help.

PACO454

try disabling everything not necessary to you such as Ir ports, Com ports Floppy drive and see if that changes anything...

if that doesn't help there's an option in your BIOS under "Pci Configuration"

that says "Reset Configuration Data"

change that to auto or enable.....

let me know

...did a fresh install and that got it to work...i know you didnt want to hear that.

I guess nobody wants to hear that here mate...lol

But that's the next logical step unless the problem can be pinpointed specifically,...

try disabling everything not necessary to you such as Ir ports, Com ports Floppy drive and see if that changes anything...

if that doesn't help there's an option in your BIOS under "Pci Configuration"

that says "Reset Configuration Data"

change that to auto or enable.....

let me know

Just tried that and it still won't function. I just did a fresh install about a month ago.

PACO454

Heres something you might want to give a look into. Put your video card driver disk in and click explore. Look for a WMD driver and load it. Thats what it took to make my Logitech Orbit MP work. The old Microsoft WMD driver doesn't work with these newer video cards. Give that a shot you got nothing to lose.

Good Luck !

Thanks for the suggestion Redrum. An odd thing happened when I installed the WDM drivers. Oh the drivers installed ok, but when I treid to run the default test in control panel, suddenly the system rebooted. Then I came back in windows only to find the same problem is still there. Again there appears to be no errors in the device manager. The system sees' the camera, there is power to it. It appears I'm back to square one. However the fact the system rebooted itself while attempting to function might indicate whats wrong. So again i ask for any suggestions. Please read me org post for information about this problem. Thanks and please help if you can.

PACO454