I just bought a new XP-M

I just purchased a XP-M 2500, with the stepping IQYHA 0409RPMW. To be honest I'm not too familiar with the different steppings and how good they are. Anyone have an idea how far this CPU might go on air?

My XP-M 2400 35W craps out somewhere between 2550 and 2600 Mhz at relatively high vcore, so I hope the 2500 does better.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the same CPU i have, and here is what it can do, it should do much better on your lan party. note this is also on air:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/cha...11/b4bd6373.jpg

what heatsink do you have? the thermalright SI-97a is what i have and it is the BEST heatsink i have ever used. i recomend you get one since you seem to be interested in overclocking. take my advice on that one, wish i would have.

Wow, pretty insane FSB you've got there Charlie. Is it 1T? 2.7 Ghz is not bad at all either. Hope I can reach speeds like that with my new mobile.

I'm using an SLK-947U, which should perform similar to the SP97. I think they're basically the same, except for the heatpipes on the SP97.

What temps are you getting at close to 2.0vcore on air?

that is 2t, the U400S has extreme problems at 1t. at that voltage and speed, my temps were at 42*C load. looking at your sig, i would try and take out a stick of ram and run in the slot closest to your cpu to see what FSB overclocks you can realy do.

i notice your X850XT PE, i assume the ram on it is samsung 1.6ns? if so its rated for 625Mhz, i can only run mine at 600Mhz ATM (i have AIW X800XT) and 550 on the core. what is your 3dmark score? i get 13k in 03 and 6k in 05.

Haven't checked the ram on my XT PE, but I guess it's 1.6ns samsung. I get about 6900 in 3DMark05, never tried 03 with this card.

I'm hoping for 11x250 with the new mobile, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get disappointed. Anyways, I'm gonna have much fun testing it out.

How much did you pay for your new mobile?

I'd like to get one that boots 2.7.

Mine is a poorer qualiity mobile.

Not 2.6ghz stable, yet.

Then again, I've had this old psu for ages, and a few peopel have remarked that my psu can't hang with there parts.

So maybe I'll have more luck later...

Again though, how much did ya pay for that ? :)

you are hoping for 2.7Ghz... with the power hungry highend parts you have (aka X850XT PE) i hope your PSU can hang in there, my 12v rail drops down to 11.51v at 200x12.5 1.85 vcore, X800XT @ 550600, 3 HDD drives, 6 fans and a cd burner. still holds in there though, never had a problem with it.

neo, i would like to see what you can do with a better PSU :).

Humbo, my 2600 is a IQYHA and it tops out much the same as your 2400. It dose'nt make any difference if i shove 2v up it either. But all chips clock different, even with the same stepping. My next door nieghbor got the same cpu as me(we bought them at the same time)his does 200x13.5, work that one out?

My PSU seems impressivly stable actually. Never seen any drops that matters on any of the rails. And it's damn silent too.

I payed about 50USD for the CPU, which doesn't seem very steep to me. I'm getting rid of my 35W, hope I can get about the same price for that one.

I'm happy as long as it hits 2.6+ Ghz below 1.9vcore. 1.95 seems a bit high on air.