I just bought a new XP-M

i've read from a few forums where people were saying there is no difference between the 35w and 45w mobile bartons, other then the letter on the sticker. i tend to agree based on overclocks people post with them and the fact that my 45w mobile is rock solid at 1.35v.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie....

Did you try the 2200 after the core was cracked...? I recently pulled a heastsink off a 1600 (palamino) an found the top of the core cracked off and burnt to the heatsink as was a bigger chunk on the bottom right hand off the core...

Just for fun I cleaned it and put AS5 on it and thru it back in...workes good..passes prime no prob...

Just wondering

I have a 2500 Xp-M IQYHA 0402SPMW pretty much the same as yours, balls out it will do

28002eq.th.jpg

But it likes to play real ball at these speeds....

3d015ww.th.jpg

render4cy.th.jpg

3d03260fsb7vd.th.jpg

If you have the right ram and other hardware to support these cpu's then you can really get them to fly. ;)

Humbo, where can Iget one?

I decided what I'm gonna do with my Christmas money.

Since I fried out my mom's duron in this pos mobo(A diff mobo, sis chipset).

I fried out my last monitor, I was in such a hurry to test the monitor out on her rig I had to the side I forgot that I took off the heatsink and put it on my video card... :

Was a volcano5, it's awesome on my 6600gt though..., but now the cpu is dead.

I know that mobiles don't work in mobo's that don't have adjustable multi's, well from my experience anyways, allways worth a shot.

Everythign else for the socket a seems to be about the same price anyways...

What I would do is test out my current cpu's max and voltage needed when the new psu arrives.

And then test the new cpu the same way.

Then decide which one to keep.

Giving the other to my mom :).

I tried looking for a decent mobo, but I have'nt had any luck yet.

Would'nt care if it was the same mobo Charlie22911 has or not.

Since I know that I can flash it to a lpb bios allready, I would do so and get a usb controller.

We all use ide drives here anyways so sata is'nt a problem.

I'm sure the mobo would be cheap enough I could get my mom to spring for that...

Just that I have to find memory as well, since all we have to the side is a bunch of pc100-150 sticks.

This is'nt an issue, but right now no one has anything because of the holidays.

I can't find any tcc5 without calling diffrent stores and finding out if the memory is truly tcc5 or not(ie oem samsung pc3700 is supposed to be tcc5(-cc5 on the sticker)).

As for memory for me..., I could replace mine but I don't have the money for that.

I'd need $200, because one, I can't find tcc5 right now, and 2 if the stuff is tcc5, it's to expensive($140).

For $200 I can get a 2x512m pack of gskill la :), but like I said I dn think I have that kind of cash.

Anyways I'd like to know where to order that type of stepping, and how to know it's that stepping ;).

And where to order a dfi nf2 mobo.

Or perhaps a decent abit, I mean it would have to be a good one, the dfi's I allready know are all decent(scratch that though, the reason I would pick Charlie22911's mobo is because I can crossflash and I know what I'm doing for timings).

I'll order a cpu as soon as someone gives my positive where abouts on a cpu stepping.

Hello,

I'm finally back from my vacation. Installed the 2500 XP-M today, but I'm having some real trouble with it. My rig just shuts down after everything from 2 seconds to 3 minutes. I've tried different BIOSes, with L12-mod, with warmod, with both, without any mods etc. but the problem persists. It seems to happen faster at FSB above 200, and vcore above auto (1.775V). But that might be my imagination. The heatsink is installed properly with AS5.

Anyone had the same problems? Never had these problems with my 2400 :confused:

Neo, the CPU was used. Sorry if the topic was confusing. I'm not sure where to get these new from store, guess they're easier to come by on ebay etc.