cant install windows - blue screen

Guest sealion_merged

Guest sealion

Everything is at stock settings. I've updated to 6/23 bios, cleared the cmos, tried both orange and yellow ram slots, and ran memtest. My cpu is running cool at 31c - as detect in the bios.

Ram was pulled from my old system

Ultra D - brand new

Opteron 148 - brand new

450 watt fortron source

My power supply maybe the problem... but at 36amps on the 12v rail? I dont know much about power supplies other than I need at least 24amps to run my system stable.

Problem is when I go to install windows I get the blue screen after I format the drive. Attempted to install it like 4-5 times. Each time I got a different result; sometimes it blue screen when it was copying the files, other times it blue screened during the "hardware installation". A little help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Well, first try and run the memtest inside your bios on your ram sticks. If you come up with errors, then run each one singly, and find out which stick is corrupt. If not, then maybe try a new powersupply, like buy one at a store then return it. Lol. Desperate times call for desperate measures? Also mention what your ram is, as everyone after this post will ask you for it

Guest sealion
How long did you run memtest, did you run test#5 aleast 20 times. You may have to try with only 1 stick of ram in. If psu has 36A on 12v rail and is 24pin should work.All 4 power connector to mobo hooked up?

This ram is good up to 240mhz with 3.2 volts, currently it's at 200mhz with 2.7volts. Yup, I made sure all the power cables were in; the 4 pin molex and the floppy connector.

This ram is good up to 240mhz with 3.2 volts, currently it's at 200mhz with 2.7volts. Yup, I made sure all the power cables were in; the 4 pin molex and the floppy connector.

You still did not say if its 24 pin PSU and did you run memtest on this MOBO as the install guide shows? We posted same time it is 24pin OK

Guest sealion

I've personally never seen a 24 pin psu. My friend has a 420 modstream with 20 + 4 pin thing that came with it. My psu has that exact same extra 4 pin add on thing.

Guest sealion

as stated before I dont know much about power supplies. I dont know how I'm "loading my rails". I thought the psu automatically did that - shoot I dont know.